JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked this one up locally 2 years ago. WWI issue, then reissued for WWII. Got a new barrel, parkerized and new grips. Came with the M3 shoulder holster too. Cheaper than what CMP will want for their stuff.

out.JPG set.JPG right.JPG left.JPG left_grip.JPG number.JPG slide.JPG hs.JPG mag_bottom.JPG mag s.JPG

One of these would be really nice, but there is no way i'll pay what the CMP are asking for the quality they're offering.

One of these would be really nice, but there is no way i'll pay what the CMP are asking for the quality they're offering.

A lot of people are gonna be disappointed, except those that drank the CMP Koolaid.

I was a unit armorer when I was stationed at Ft Lewis back in 1985-87, Was HHC 109th MI Bn, so we had a LOT of .45s to isssue out, all but two were beat to snot, mine and my Company Commanders.

I had one when I was in my 20s... loose as a goose is why I sold it, not accurate at all. But now I wish I still had it.

BTW, I prefer 2011s for the kind of shooting I do, but my arthritis pain precludes even a very light .45ACP load. :( And I'm too poor to buy a 2011 9mm.

The last time I was issued a 1911 was in the early 90s. It looked beat up and rattled loudly but, brother, it could still shoot! The price is very steep but I'm thinking about getting one for the same reason I think most people will get one - nostalgia. I still have my GI leather holster.

Would I carry it? Nope. I have that area really well covered already.

I may be wrong however it looks like the sear pin was inserted from the left side. Should be inserted from the left, simple fix.

Other than that great find, why do I always miss finds like that.

I may be wrong however it looks like the sear pin was inserted from the left side. Should be inserted from the left, simple fix.

Other than that great find, why do I always miss finds like that.

Yes, you are right. I dhould have noticed that. Would have done so a couple years ago.

What are the armorer marks for the rebuild? My dad has a 1918 rebuilt in fourties by Rock Island Arsenal. Inspector was Frank Krak

There aren't any, think what was done was at local level, and not a full rebuild. Wen I was armorer at Ft Lewis, any thing wemt to "3rd Shop", but that was not the same as a full armory rebuild.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top