Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Colt 1911 Gov't Model

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by MountainBear, Nov 20, 2009.

1. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I have decided to sell my circa 1918 Colt Gov't Model .45. It just sits there in my safe and my S&W 1911 gets shot. So I can't justify having it just sit there anymore.
    The gun is a US Property Marked 1911 (not -A1) made by Colt. It was sent to the Augusta Arsenal at somepoint and bears the stamp. I would guess it was reblued at some point in its history. There is standard wear for a 90 year old gun (holster wear, high points, slide stop notch, etc.). All the parts are correct to the gun except the grips (walnut, double diamond, just not original), slide stop (from a 1911A1), and its missing the lanyard loop in the mainspring housing (its easy to replace, they sell the staple looking ring in Brownell's). The magazine is a later gov't contract 7-rounder. It shoots well. I didn't have any trouble with it. It's a great piece of history, plus its an Augusta Arsenal gun that stayed all Colt instead of being a mixmaster. Bore is still good with no pitting.
    I got into the gun a little deeper than I would have liked (around $1000), so I'm willing to take a loss at $850 shipped ($825 FTF). I will be at the gun show in Portland tomorrow and the gun will be walking around with me.

I'll post pictures tomorrow night or Sunday when I get them taken.

Really the only trade I'd be interested in is an optic for my AR. What I'm looking for is a 4 power ACOG (preferably with crosshairs rather than the chevron, but not absolute here) with flat-top mount, a Burris XTR-14, or a Leupold Mark AR 1-4x24. No EoTechs or Aimpoints, as I'd like some magnification on the AR I'm scoping. Thanks for looking.

I"M LOCATED IN BEND.

2. arjunki

arjunki Beaverton Active Member

Pics?

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Sold at the gun show. Nice to meet you Jim and Louie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.