JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought this gun at a gun shop in molalla about 14 years ago with no box and no original grips. It's a fantastic shooting gun but I really don't have any info on it, I've had trouble finding another 1911 that says gold cup elite on it to compare it to. It has an adjustable trigger and sights. I would appreciate any info anybody could offer me or a value, until I know more about it I'm gonna ask $1200 obo?

IMG_3612.jpeg IMG_3613.jpeg IMG_3615.jpeg IMG_3614.jpeg

NICE!
You should be able to find a OG set of Gold Cup double Diamond grips with the gold medallion on line, I know E-bay has um, and you can also post an add here on NWFA! Will really help you get the full value out of it with the correct grips! As to value, your pretty close, the two tones were a later 90's offering, but still command a premium! Good Luck with Sale!

Original grips look like this. Colt made special editions for a firearm distributor called Acusport, which filed bankruptcy in 2018.

Colt Gold Cup Elite .45 1 of 1000

1684993189141.png

NICE!
You should be able to find a OG set of Gold Cup double Diamond grips with the gold medallion on line, I know E-bay has um, and you can also post an add here on NWFA! Will really help you get the full value out of it with the correct grips! As to value, your pretty close, the two tones were a later 90's offering, but still command a premium! Good Luck with Sale!

Thanks for the info, I'm definitely gonna start watching eBay for the grips

They came out in the mid 80's...if I recall correctly around 1987.

The Elite name is because of the two tone look...blued slide and stainless frame, which is shared by the Combat Elite which came out in 1986

It should have a firing pin safety, as that was the time the Series 80 garb was all the rage.

The rear sight is Colt's attempt to replicate the famous BoMar...they named the Elliason.

I believe only a few were made...750 or 1,000 or so. They never did catch on, so your asking price is about average without the box.