JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Colt .45 barrel that has been in my family for at least 40+ years. It came with my dad's Series 70 Gold Cup National match that he got so long ago that he can't remember...although he remembers carrying it on patrol as a USMC MP, back in the late 60's/early 70's (Camp Pendelton and Vietnam)
I no longer have the gun *sob* but, I still have the extra barrel. I would like to sell/trade it but, I am having trouble discovering it's value so, I am reaching out to this great community for assistance.
It's stamped Colt 45 on top of the barrel and it has never been used so the condition is excellent. I will take photos and post later if needed.
Thanks to all, in advance.

Thank you Fly, is your new one Stainless? Also, is it a National Match barrel?
And do you think that a vintage Colt stamped barrel would be worth more? Sorry for the barrage of questions, my little brain still has lots of room left to be filled.

Unless the one from Midway is a Colt made barrel from the 50-60's on back, we're talking apples and oranges.

There should some markings on the lower lug, each side. Let me know what the letters are.

A clear pic of the barrel, and each side of the lower lug area (where the link is) would really help.

Wow thanks Wichaka, I swear I looked and looked and the only mark I found before your help was the very visable but, not too deeply stamped "COLT.45 AUTO" on the top. Now though, I found on the Right side lug there is nothing and on the Left side lug, in the top right section I found a square with the letter "C" in it.
I have been trying and trying to get some decent pics and then the batteries on the camera went and wouldn't you know it, the backups were dead too. So, as soon as they are all charged I will get some pics and post. But, in the mean time I hope this helps.
Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

Skip

I hope this works...the inside looks chrome lined and perfect. I will try to photo that too but it's hard.

DSCN0176.jpg

DSCN0154.jpg

According to my info that I have, as well as consulting a friend of mine who is a Colt collector, you have a well worn 50-60's commercial Colt barrel, worth maybe 50.00, depending on the what the bore and crown look like.

I'ld say that $50-$60 on Gunbroker would be fair price to ask. I concur, that it is a commercial barrel. GI issued barrel would have a "P" stamp on the lugs. Also if barrel is a National Match, then there would be a "NM" stamp. I don't think that Colt ever made a Stainless barrel, that would have been sold to the Govt. All SS was commercial. Good looking barrel for a shooter. I've got an Essex GI slide, I'ld sell ya, if you wanna do a build.

Wow, again! I am constantantly being amazed at the amount of knowledge and pursuit to share such knowledge by the wonderful folks on this forum.
Thank you, thank you and thank you.
I of course, thought I was sitting on a gold mine and turned out to be sitting on a very good tasting potato. Anyway, now that I have the right idea on what it's worth to others and to me, I think I might just start looking for a 1911 with a bad barrel or do a build...then I can buy the part I need when I can afford it maybe?? (tough times in the job market for someone in the construction business).
Once again, thank you all for your advice and help.
skip

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads