JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For Father's Day today, The Mrs, my son and I went to a local indoor range (Threat Dynamics in Tualatin for those of us in the Portland, Oregon area) and did some live firing shooting and their situational simulator shooting. They also have a handful of guns on consignment there. Anyway, they have had a Colt Model 1903 there for a couple months that I have had my eye on, the price was a little higher than I wanted to pay. So, I asked them to call the gal that had it up for sale with a much better offer, two minutes later, it was mine. I'm very glad that I have a wife that likes guns as much as I do (I wish I could shoot as good as she does). Anyway, this little Colt shoots .32 ACP and was built in 1905 according to Colt's website.

I haven't shot it yet. I wanted to get it home and taken down to clean and inspect it first, hopefully next week I'll get to shoot it.

I have the two tone version, got it for a song, missing barrel and a few small parts..Numrich Arms has parts and believe it or not the Pro Mags for this gun work well

I did get two mags with it. As far as I can tell, they look like the original magazines. I'm not going to do anything with the finish on it at all, except try to keep as clan as possible. Thanks for tip on Numrich Arms, just because it is 108 years old, I might want to replace the barrel and recoil spring. If I do replace any parts, I'll keep the originals.

We have an '08 .380 that was the wife's Grandfather's. Don't shoot it much, and never carry it, but I would "put it to work" with complete confidence.

Congrats on your purchase.

I inherited a Colt 1903 Model M .32 ACP from my Father in Law last year - I just got around to shooting it and some other guns last weekend. Mine was built in 1918 and has almost no blue left on it as it has been carried much and shot a little. The bore is sweet....

No pix of the first target I shot with the .32 but I was pretty impressed. The ammo was so old the box was falling apart but I shot rapid fire groups at under 4" at 30'. :)

I bought reproduction grips and a spare mag from Numrich Arms shortly after I got the gun and the pistol rolled thru 150 rounds of old Winchester .32 ACP thru boths mags with not a hitch. I'm in love with this pistol now. Obsessed is the correct word.:s0114:

Illinois just passed concealed carry and this will be one of my carry pistols. I'm actively seeking another couple of Model M's ...one for my Wife and another one 'cause we are both obsessed with this art piece pistol.

My first post here....nice to meet you guys!

VooDoo

Since posts are useless without eye candy....

The Ruger Bearcat is another story and, as yet, unfired by me. That's another story....

When I shoot next I intend to video the Colt Model M in action and try some limited rapid fire with hardball and some defensive .32 ACP. Anyone interested?

VooDoo

Since posts are useless without eye candy....

The Ruger Bearcat is another story and, as yet, unfired by me. That's another story....

When I shoot next I intend to video the Colt Model M in action and try some limited rapid fire with hardball and some defensive .32 ACP. Anyone interested?

VooDoo

I'm interested but I'm always game for video if people shooting. I like old firearms too.

I would highly suggest looking at at a handgun firing a cartridge that has better ballistics than the .32ACP for a defensive carry gun.

I would highly suggest looking at at a handgun firing a cartridge that has better ballistics than the .32ACP for a defensive carry gun.

I own a bunch of stuff in various calibers.....45 ACP Colt Officers, 9mm Beretta 92, various .38 and .357 revolvers, .380 ACP Walther (and soon a Sig P238 HD!!) and have shot lots of my gun buddies pistols.

Haven't shot a lot recently but used to pound 200 rounds a week thru various pistols and revolvers "back in the day". The "better ballistics" issue is a matter of choice between not "printing" while carrying and being able to draw and accurately fire multiple rounds and get fast accurate follow ups to vital areas. I have reservations about follow up shots being fast and accurate with anything bigger than a .380.

But this is probably off topic for this thread and highly controversial...been discussed and started many a flame war, many times. I personally believe that caliber/ballistics are less important than confidence and that gunfights with pistols are exclusively about bullet placement and fast followup.

Something this particular pistol does extremely well for me. :)

VooDoo

I own a bunch of stuff in various calibers.....45 ACP Colt Officers, 9mm Beretta 92, various .38 and .357 revolvers, .380 ACP Walther (and soon a Sig P238 HD!!) and have shot lots of my gun buddies pistols.

Haven't shot a lot recently but used to pound 200 rounds a week thru various pistols and revolvers "back in the day". The "better ballistics" issue is a matter of choice between not "printing" while carrying and being able to draw and accurately fire multiple rounds and get fast accurate follow ups to vital areas. I have reservations about follow up shots being fast and accurate with anything bigger than a .380.

But this is probably off topic for this thread and highly controversial...been discussed and started many a flame war, many times. I personally believe that caliber/ballistics are less important than confidence and that gunfights with pistols are exclusively about bullet placement and fast followup.

Something this particular pistol does extremely well for me. :)

VooDoo

VooDoo, this is totally off topic. I used to plink at Shooting Sports all the time. (born and raised in area) I do not remember there names but there was the old man, son and the shop cat. I think if I remember correctly the son had some health issues... cancer? a few years back.

Anyway good to see someone on here from the QCA. Really glad to see you will have CC real soon in Illinois.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top