JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
MADE IN 1882
WAS $900 NOW $750 NOW OPEN TO TRADES!Trade for BP target rifle
44-40 cal. Blued 5 1/2" barrel all origional in excellent shape.
All numbers matching, bore very good, no modifications.(May have been re-blued way back sometime)
I bought this as a shooter, but friends told me it was an antique so its been sitting in my safe for 10 years.
Only thing is no "Frontier six shooter" etched on side of barrel. This is origional barrel, pictures show 44 marking in corner near cylinder pin(44 means 44 winchester). Either it wore off and was reblued or came like that.
Also comes with definitive book on "Colt 1878" cost me $100. Also comes with origional basket weave holster.
Only thing missing is letter from Colt.
You may set up a time to come examine or purchase. Salem area FTF no trades guns091.jpg guns093.jpg guns086.jpg guns087.jpg guns088.jpg guns089.jpg guns090.jpg guns092.jpg guns094.jpg guns095.jpg guns096.jpg guns097.jpg guns099.jpg guns100.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A pistol like your colt was used in the movie TOMBSTONE I think the one used in the movie was a Colt 1886 DA

If you open up to a trade, I'll try to work it out with you.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.