JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I went and ordered one this past weekend. There is also the ANVII but its for looking at whereas one might dare to fire an ANVIII. :s0155:

It's patterned after the 1918 variant and is quite plain to look at. And as a matter of fact, it may be coming off the same line as the 1918 replicas did and just has more lettering on the slide.

It may not be overly fancy or thrilling but as far as commemorative 1911s go, I appreciate the availability of a somewhat affordable Centennial 1911.

Who else has one on order or has some comments?

My $0.02 on it- charity= tax write off, a truly truly factory one of a kind colt. Add to that the tour etc. Obviously if someone has the $$ to spend $100K (I think it just may, maybe, possibly), has a reason to want a large write off, and hey a gun to boot and more.

I wonder how true to the original it really is, no MIM, magazines 2/3 blued 1/3 white? all forged small parts except pins. I think there is a limit to how close they could get it and still make money. Just following original drawings would cost a fortune, no one makes them that way anymore.

Well I went and ordered one this past weekend. There is also the ANVII but its for looking at whereas one might dare to fire an ANVIII.

It's patterned after the 1918 variant and is quite plain to look at. And as a matter of fact, it may be coming off the same line as the 1918 replicas did and just has more lettering on the slide.

It may not be overly fancy or thrilling but as far as commemorative 1911s go, I appreciate the availability of a somewhat affordable Centennial 1911.

Who else has one on order or has some comments?

Where did you order you Colt?

Nice. This past Wednesday I was able to get 2 Anniversary IIIs with consecutive serial numbers! Should be available to me (shipping, state paper work) right after Christmas.

I canceled my order with TGSCOM after waiting almost 12 months, They must be on the bottom of the allocation pile....

Just got mine from Cabelas. I ordered it last month and picked it up today. I thought that I might have to wait a few months, but Merry Christmas to me.

000_0210.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads