JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very possible. A LOT of these Bear kills person stories are people who spent too much time watching Walt Disney and really think that's how real life is.
I'm honestly not a real woodsy guy.

But I've been near the ocean since birth.
I can't believe the stupidity I see at the beach every time it's halfway crowded.
The Pacific Ocean is always hungry, and it will eat anything. Yet tourists send their 5 yr old out to splash in the water while they lay on a towel and stare at their phone. Humans have muted survival instincts pretty effectively in a short period of time.

I can't believe the stupidity I see at the beach every time it's halfway crowded.
The Pacific Ocean is always hungry, and it will eat anything. Yet tourists send their 5 yr old out to splash in the water while they lay on a towel and stare at their phone. Humans have muted survival instincts pretty effectively in a short period of time.
One of the recent trips Wife and I made there they lost someone. People were all over in the water. I had just said to Wife this is a disaster waiting to happen. Few hours later as we drove by the crowds to leave a bunch of people were frantically searching with glass, then we saw the rescue people flying down the beach. Next day we read were another had gone under and never seen again. :(

Not judging, but maybe assuming.

+++++++

Panda_Bear.gif
Well.....it wasn't me.

5052797091_cbe02fe21d.jpg
#Blackbearsmatter

Aloha, Mark

I notice that ... "Woman killed in apparent Bear attack".... isn't "Bear Attacks, and Kills Woman".
So I'm led to assume, by the headline, that the woman attacked the Mamma bear, and her cubs. Obviously, the woman was killed by the Mamma bear successfully defending her babies.

And then, I read that the mother bear AND her cubs were "euthanized" (i.e...executed)!

Another Black hunted down and killed by the "white Authorities", without trial or remorse...
Waiting for the riots

I read once, years ago that the number 1 survival trait in aboriginal societies is reaction time. In urban America it's resistance to disease.

Last Edited:
Not judging, but maybe assuming.

"Let's move out of the city and get back to nature " crowd?
Because nature is peaceful and beautiful, mostly.
And I'll add an 'assumption' she was trying to get close for pics, maybe pet the cubs, who knows but there is no shortage of people who see no problem approaching dangerous animals.

Last Edited:
Not likely. She took her dogs for a walk. More likely her dogs started it, she got involved either trying to save her dogs or trying to scare away the bear.

One of her dogs obviously shot her in the leg so they could get away and wait for her boyfriend to come home, whom they loved more, anyway.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top