JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup. It's getting that absurd.

Yup. It's getting that absurd.

I didn't read the bill, but don't most counties have the power to ban shooting depending on the area? In Spokane county, the county commissioner can ban shooting in certain areas for population density or other reasons. If someone wants to get shooting banned, they can go to the county commissioners office and get a list of all the property owners in the area. Then, if over half the owners sign a petition to ban, the commissioner will hold a hearing and hear testimony, then make a determination.

I didn't read the bill, but don't most counties have the power to ban shooting depending on the area? In Spokane county, the county commissioner can ban shooting in certain areas for population density or other reasons. If someone wants to get shooting banned, they can go to the county commissioners office and get a list of all the property owners in the area. Then, if over half the owners sign a petition to ban, the commissioner will hold a hearing and hear testimony, then make a determination.
No idea, I've never looked into that process. I'd assume that it is quite the patchwork of varying and convoluted laws, procedures, etc. spread across the 50 states.

The actual proposed bill:

It isn't clear just how strict this is without comparing to other similar laws and the existing law. I don't think it allows just outright complete bans? Maybe it does? NRA tries to make it sound that way?

I am not sure how the process goes in Oregon, but I do believe that some authority (County including the Sherriff?) can ban shooting in some areas of a county - based on population density?

I am not sure how the process goes in Oregon, but I do believe that some authority (County including the Sherriff?) can ban shooting in some areas of a county - based on population density?
I thought in Oregon it's distance based from a structure providing shooting is legal within the area the private property is - But maybe this is just Deschutes County - however I know I read this at one time but do not remember the particulars.

I didn't read the CO bill, but just the article and this part suggests it maybe something similar, IE based on a population density as opposed to distance.
The bill repeals the exception for private property, repeals the minimum population density requirement, and instead requires that the designated area have 30 35 dwellings or more per square mile.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top