JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As soon as I can, I'm thinking of making my own video recreating one that I saw a bit ago on YouTube. A sheriff timed himself firing, reloading, transitioning targets...all with "low capacity" magazines.

He then had someone with a some knowledge but little experience (maybe a typical self defense user that doesn't practice as often as they should) repeat the exercise.

You can guess the conclusions...the sheriff had no issues getting more shots off and faster (simulating being the bad guy). The most time consuming thing he did was transition targets. Of course, the "defender" in the situation was hampered quite a bit by the mag swaps.

We need new and constant evidence like this to point out that lower capacity magazines don't really affect a competent assailant...but drastically affect semi-competent defenders.

As soon as I can, I'm thinking of making my own video recreating one that I saw a bit ago on YouTube. A sheriff timed himself firing, reloading, transitioning targets...all with "low capacity" magazines.

There is one trick in that video -- they count their shots and change mags while one is in the chamber. Even the inexperienced person did that.

Now, I don't think operating the slide would have cost more than a half second between strings, but if you redo the video, it is probably best to avoid the potential criticism that you're pulling a fast one.

This is the video:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads