JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back when I was a custom knifemaker I knew a Knifemaker who in a previous life had been and AZ state trooper. One day he made a traffic stop and as he approached the drivers door the driver fired a single shot from a .44 magnum revolver hitting him in the upper right arm. The impact spun him around and left him sitting on his butt in the middle of the road. The round had taken about 3" of his right Humerus completely out disintegrating it. From his sitting position he reached across drew his weapon left handed and fired into the door, and driver ending him. This sadly cost him his ability to do his job and his right arm had to be rebuilt and would never come back to par.

police are "agents" in colorado?

im glad she ended the bad guy... good job, "agent." but after the dude had already shot and killed multiple people and been in several shootouts with police by the time she got involved.... i think we're passed the "drop your weapon!" bs. that was an invitation to get gut shot.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. The BG was clearly past the point of no return ... no quarter given. I suppose she had to do that tho, drilled into her from day one @ the academy. Almost cost her her life.

police are "agents" in colorado?

im glad she ended the bad guy... good job, "agent." but after the dude had already shot and killed multiple people and been in several shootouts with police by the time she got involved.... i think we're passed the "drop your weapon!" bs. that was an invitation to get gut shot.
Precisely! Warnings are for before the killer shoots. And, not always then.

Police Departments = Law Enforcement Agencies.
Police Officers = Law Enforcement Agents.

Good Job Agent Ashley Ferris.

People don't think English be like it is, but it do. :D

crop-4355181.jpg
Here's the picture of the POS, as some new outlets don't like to post them.

is that all ink? jesus

dude looks like he should be at the gym or out at the range shooting a suppressed noveske, not rampaging around town killing people

but after the dude had already shot and killed multiple people and been in several shootouts with police by the time she got involved.... i think we're passed the "drop your weapon!" bs. that was an invitation to get gut shot.

I suppose she had to do that tho, drilled into her from day one @ the academy. Almost cost her her life.
He not only approached her, but was able to raise his weapon, take aim, and shoot her, all while she should have had her weapon trained on him. Slow to pull the trigger.

Trigger warning for leftists and feminists - In proper English, shouldn't she be described as a heroine? :s0140:

in one of the articles i read it said he popped one off in his own dome after she shot him.. anyone else seen that?

would totally logic out.. and wouldnt detract from the.. agent's... righteous kill any

Precisely! Warnings are for before the killer shoots. And, not always then.
I would normally agree with your thinking, but if she wasn't sure that he was the suspect and perhaps thought that he might have been an armed citizen, she gave him the opportunity to not be shot. She did so at her peril.

With hindsight it is easy to say that she should have shot sooner, but she may have been moving for a clearer background.

I would normally agree with your thinking, but if she wasn't sure that he was the suspect and perhaps thought that he might have been an armed citizen, she gave him the opportunity to not be shot. She did so at her peril.

With hindsight it is easy to say that she should have shot sooner, but she may have been moving for a clearer background.
Chaotic situation, but as others have pointed out, the situation was far along and the individual apparently confronted her and raised his weapon. At that point, his intent is (should be) obvious - therefore I do not see it as reasonable to assume that it might be an armed civilian.

I am grateful for the fact that, in 31 years, I did not have to make that call. But, critique is 100% warranted, as exemplified by the Newhall California slaughter in 1970 - which brought about a sea change in US police training. As qualified as they may otherwise be, some officers are not sell suited for armed or interpersonal combat - both sexes included here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top