JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Soooo, this repeat scumbag poacher is convicted of hunting on a suspended license and his penalty is: You guessed it... A suspended license!!

Colorado man receives lifetime ban on hunting, fishing and trapping after investigation

Sounds like the ban from getting another license "should" be the least of his problems. He was already sent to prison for this once so they should, and I suspect are, going after him for having the gun. Sounds like a case where some judge needs to hand down enough time to wake him up.

While I understand the idea of a lifetime ban on getting a hunting license...the guy is no hunter , but he is a criminal...and not worthy of the name of hunter , fisherman , trapper...
This "punishment" isn't likely to keep him from committing the same crimes over again.
Andy

While RMO's are good, battered and deep fat fried, oh, and I'm not kidding either, I prefer Turkey fries.

Yes, perhaps eating such things sounds bizarre and perhaps to the uninitiated, unappetizing. They really are good, but then I like to eat a lot of things others would turn their nose up before considering they might be great to eat.

Like what? Alligator, snake, frogs, ants, grasshoppers, crickets, various sea life critters like barnacles and whelks.

There's much more, but you get the idea.

Like what? Alligator, snake, frogs, ants, grasshoppers, crickets, various sea life critters like barnacles and whelks.

You've outdone me, that's for sure. I'm only an adventurous eater up to a point. I've eaten frog, ants, sea urchin (never again), eel, barnacles, octopus, tongue (ugh), the usual gamut of sushi, dried seaweed, and even escargo (yuck, tasted great, like garlic, but terrible texture!) Only because of the lack of opportunity: No squirrel, no snake, no gator, no armadillo. But regardless I'm never eating grasshoppers, and definitely no grubs!!!

A little harsh IMO, the worst they can do beside a LIFE TIME ban was to ban his kids fro hunting too.

What's harsh? The lifetime ban?

He deserves much worse. A true scumbag. And the lifetime ban is dumb because he already hunts w/o a license.

Kids... they should ban him from having kids. Take his testicles for RMO would solve that problem.

Just read on FB that a pair of La Grande residents, a father and son, were sentenced for taking and transporting a 7pt bull elk last year on Mt. Emily on a general season archery tag.... oops! Nah, I don't think so. Thanx guys for taking the one big bull that the wolves didn't get!!!

Hmmm, this one is pretty amazing. Although I don't shoot game that I don't plan on eating, I didn't know that trophy hunting is illegal in some states:

South Dakota man gets 12-year ban from hunting, fishing for wasting bear meat: 'Another poacher out of business'

He didn't take the meat... only the head and hide.

Wasting the meat of a big game meat is a violation of the hunting regs in most states. You can chase and kill a trophy, you just can't kill a big game animal and waste the meat. I see no problem with it. :cool:

Along with Tony's question, I've heard on one of the many wildlife t.v. shows that brown bear meat is inedible.

True?

If so, why?

The only bear meat I know about that can't be eaten (or shouldn't be as it's toxic) is polar bear liver.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top