JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The four measures in Colorado have indeed passed the house. I'm afraid they're going to pass the Senate. Does anybody know when they take effect if they pass the House and Senate and are signed by the Governor?

At least say they're considering moving to PNW states. Might pressure a few politicians who are close to fence on some bills.

The Denver Post needs to do a little more research. Magpul is not an ammunition company.

This surprises me no more than our state. The population is concentrated in a tiny portion of both states, and that concentration votes Blue, even though the rest of the state votes Red.

Also, why is it that Conservatives get the same color Communists did in the 50s and 60s? I'm just sayin'

From the article: "There are a lot of students who simply are not ready to be in the presence of firearms," said bill sponsor Rep. Claire Levy, D-Boulder. "It's a dangerous mix."

People the same age as those students are fighting in our military. Wonder if she could look at those military folks in the eye of that age and tell them they're just not capable of being safe around guns because it's just a dangerous mix?

From the article: "There are a lot of students who simply are not ready to be in the presence of firearms," said bill sponsor Rep. Claire Levy, D-Boulder. "It's a dangerous mix."

People the same age as those students are fighting in our military. Wonder if she could look at those military folks in the eye of that age and tell them they're just not capable of being safe around guns because it's just a dangerous mix?

certainly a good point but i personally feel the minimum age for joining the army should be raised a few years. being 26 now, its still fresh in my mind how much learning is done in that short period of time. 18 isnt old enough to agree to put your life on the line.

Not sure why anyone would drink either of those beers, the only beer I drink is made in Oregon and there's a lot to choose from.

In the end it all boils down to money and when it leaves people usually change their tune in a hurry so hopefully the Colorado folks will send their local government a message and fast.

You might want to check Buds position on gun control before your make the switch.

certainly a good point but i personally feel the minimum age for joining the army should be raised a few years. being 26 now, its still fresh in my mind how much learning is done in that short period of time. 18 isnt old enough to agree to put your life on the line.

I enlisted @ 17 (but I pride myself in being atypical), and I saw a LOT of young guys fresh off of mama's apron strings run themselves into the gutter in their off-time. I see your point in "today's terms", because too many of TODAY'S youth are video game addicted, couch potato, instant gratification, entitled, softies who have everything done for them, and given a "pass" in the name of, "self-esteem".

It's funny, because I SWEAR that I recall my grandpa saying more or less the same things (in different terms of course) about my generation. Military service caused me to "grow up" rather quickly (albeit harshly at times), but it amplified my personal qualities, like being self-reliant, innovative, adaptive, improvising, dedicated, loyal, looking out for others, and (most importantly) learning to effectively control, channel and focus the "berzerker-rage" that's embedded my genetic programming... Just sayin'.

I enlisted @ 17 (but I pride myself in being atypical), and I saw a LOT of young guys fresh off of mama's apron strings run themselves into the gutter in their off-time. I see your point in "today's terms", because too many of TODAY'S youth are video game addicted, couch potato, instant gratification, entitled, softies who have everything done for them, and given a "pass" in the name of, "self-esteem".

It's funny, because I SWEAR that I recall my grandpa saying more or less the same things (in different terms of course) about my generation. Military service caused me to "grow up" rather quickly (albeit harshly at times), but it amplified my personal qualities, like being self-reliant, innovative, adaptive, improvising, dedicated, loyal, looking out for others, and (most importantly) learning to effectively control, channel and focus the "berzerker-rage" that's embedded my genetic programming... Just sayin'.

I agree for the most part we dont need to be cutting on the 18 year olds willing to lose their life & enlist but we do need to be cutting on the 23 to 40 year old barney fifes willing to lose their life over these 4 anti gun bills. Showing age does not mean you're more wise or honorable.

well stomper hit on what i meant for sure but the thing is, too many 18 yr old guys go into it with no idea of what life is yet. i was a signature away from signing up when i was 17 also but decided against it during the final step. being a JROTC student i was all gunghoe and ready to do it but remembered something i'd rather not repeat that my veteran grandfather told me about war. i think it was a good thing that i didnt jump into it but looking back i think i could have accomplished more for myself at this time.

all the same i dont feel that at that time i knew enough about making life decisions at that point to make one like that. sure a teenager makes a great soldier because he is fearless and exceptionally fit or primed to be fit but its inhuman to let them think its a light hearted choice.

and no age alone doesnt make you wise but having a chance to have life experience will increase your chances of having common sense. with the way some of my generation's parents have been doing we have a lot to work on as far as teaching those skills.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top