JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Family went out last Sunday with a guide. Rained and snowed all day. Nobody caught a fish. The "checker" told them that she had checked 100 boats and only 1 fish that day. Talk about miserable.

The theory behind flashers is that salmon are opportunistic feeders and when it sees the colors flashing and feels the vibration from the flasher, it thinks that the injured herring spinning behind the flasher has been missed by another salmon and it strikes out of opportunity.
My neighbor makes his own out of thin Lexan and they are completely covered in the holographic prism tape. Very effective and I think it gives you an edge.
He runs different colors on every rod that's out, and when one color starts performing, all rods change over.
He is so good at trolling in the Willamette that I just fish with him and never fail to tag out when I am invited to come along.

I've been fishing for Salmon with a guide I've used for several years out of Garibaldi, on the Columbia, Bouy10, and most recently on the Willamette and from my experience it is literally luck of the draw as to whether they will hit better on a line with Flashers or without. Used herring, prawns, smelt, spinners and you just can't tell.

A week from this last Wednesday we were fishing on the Willamette. The fishing was slow, but I caught the only two Springers we boated. We were all fishing rigs with either prawns or plug cut herring with flashers. I just happened to be the lucky guy.

My buddies and I had a pretty good year trolling the Willamette this year not as easy as last year but still not bad. I designed a new flasher the night before my last trip out I caught 2 chinook and missed one take down in under an hour. I gave that flasher to my buddy he took it out the next day and caught two more in three hours with it. Now that cat roared lol. more pics coming soon my wife and i also had a new daughter I need to go change her diaper she was born 7-7-2012

fishing 2012 9.jpg

fishing 2012 4.jpg

fiahing 2012 11.jpg

fishing 2012 5.jpg

fishing 2012 10.jpg

you can see a bite mark on that salmon in the middle. That Chinook was faster than a seal but couldn't resist my bait that day. If anyone has any more pics of their catches from this spring or summer please post em I would like to hear how your salmon, trout, and kokanee fishing has been.

fishing 2012.jpg

fishing 2012 12.jpg

fishing 2012 8.jpg

fishing 2012 6.jpg

fishing 2012 3.jpg

My buddies and I had a pretty good year trolling the Willamette this year not as easy as last year but still not bad. I designed a new flasher the night before my last trip out I caught 2 chinook and missed one take down in under an hour. I gave that flasher to my buddy he took it out the next day and caught two more in three hours with it. Now that cat roared lol. more pics coming soon my wife and i also had a new daughter I need to go change her diaper she was born 7-7-2012
How about some pics of that new flasher you designed:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top