JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah,

but they have had more than their share of mass shootings. Columbine and Auroa. I can see where people in a small state might react that way.

So now, we can see how the new laws result in a dramatic lowering of gun deaths and an increase in overall safety. If it doesn't happen, then it is the result of leakage from gun friendly Utah and shows the need for a national solution.

Yeah,

but they have had more than their share of mass shootings. Columbine and Auroa. I can see where people in a small state might react that way.

So now, we can see how the new laws result in a dramatic lowering of gun deaths and an increase in overall safety. If it doesn't happen, then it is the result of leakage from gun friendly Utah and shows the need for a national solution.

No it just shows it doesn't work as the law does not remove anything they already own in Colorado, so everything that is there now, or on July 1, will also be there afterwards. My son's 17 round Glock will still be legal on July 2. This only restricts People from legally arming themselves in the future. They are just making it a little better for those that sell out of the trunk of a car, and somewhat worse for the public as a whole.

No it just shows it doesn't work as the law does not remove anything they already own in Colorado, so everything that is there now, or on July 1, will also be there afterwards. My son's 17 round Glock will still be legal on July 2. This only restricts People from legally arming themselves in the future. They are just making it a little better for those that sell out of the trunk of a car, and somewhat worse for the public as a whole.

I'm pretty sure the last line or two from mtnboy was sarcasm. It's the common excuse used by anti-gun states and mayors (Bloomberg especially) as to why their draconian gun laws AREN'T stopping gun crimes. But, I've been wrong before

Sadder day for the Magpul suppliers with lost contracts. 200-400 jobs moving out of state.

This may inspire Remington, Colt or S&W to fly the coop as well.

Of course, a happy day if Magpul comes to the Northwest!

:s0154:

Colorado now ‘occupied territory’ and Magpul is leaving

Colorado’s most high-profile company is today calling the Centennial State “occupied territory” after Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed major anti-gun legislation…

<broken link removed>

Colorado now &#8216;occupied territory' and Magpul is leaving

Colorado's most high-profile company is today calling the Centennial State "occupied territory" after Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed major anti-gun legislation...

<broken link removed>

Within 30 days they will be making mags in another state. I guess they saw this coming. I didn't realize the state was run by rabid anti-gunners. Someone posted above that this is political suicide, I REALLY hope so.

I'd love to see Magpul here in the Pacific Northwest. Both states could definitely use the job boost. Too bad our local governments are to busy trying to infringe on law abiding citizens to notice that they could recruit new/more business for their tax base.

Last Edited:
The Democraps will pay dearly for their arrogance. I predict the Republicians will have a very solid majority come next election,

8527Stupid-People-Posters.jpg

Kommiefornia will not get rid of Fienstein and Pelosi. I have little faith liberals will allow their guy, to get voted out. Especially since we're up against the bias of the lamestream media, Bloomberg, Obama's campaign machine, etc, etc. Gonna be a tough fight,,,:s0131:

Nice to see that Magpul wasn't bluffing! I love the "i'm only gonna say this once" attitude. It would be cool if Magpul added some new cosmetic touch to the mags being produced in the "free state" they move to. Magpul Rocks!!!

Of course, a happy day if Magpul comes to the Northwest!

I'd love to see Magpul here in the Pacific Northwest.

Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire. Do you really think Magpul is going to relocate to states like Washington and Oregon where the electorate isn't that much different than Colorado? States that seriously considered/are considering universal background checks, "assault weapon" bans, and magazine capacity limits? States that elect Ginny Burdick and Adam Kline to the legislature? If Magpul is going to go through the pain and cost of relocating, they are going to a safely pro-gun rights state like Utah or Arizona, not Oregon or Washington. Oregon and Washington are politically a lot more like Colorado and California than like Utah or Arizona.

My understanding of the new law is that it will ban the sale, transfer and possession of >15 round magazines.

I bet the sales of PVC and shovels have gone through the roof... ;)

That has to be against your rights. Basically forced confiscation. You can't even own mags over 15 rds?!
I'd make mine into a fine art piece then there still there when I need them.

There's going to be all kinds of uproar there. There's Sheriff's that already said they wouldn't support bad guns laws, and I hope Magpul honors their threat to leave the state.

You know dang well oregon and washington are next.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews