JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is interesting in that you get a great glimpse in how the gun control narrative can sound both reasonable and compelling. Also note how they all seem to hit the same innacurate talking points and when pressured squirm and then pivot to an emotional response (like when he is asked to define an assault weapon)

Place yourself as a fairly uninformed moderate who may own a gun or two can be persuaded. Think about how you would talk to this person in order to present your case. Excellent job by both Collin Noir and the moderators.

I'll tell ya.... some of that really gave me a good chuckle. Rosenthal, self proclaimed hunter, just flabbergasted that anyone would hunt with a .223 rifle... asking "and you eat that?" with all the massive tissue damage caused by a .223?

Is he just completely unaware of the tissue damage caused by other more typical hunting rifles (30-30, 308, 30-06, 300's, etc)??

Personally, I don't typically use an AR for hunting as I consider it only marginally adequate and not well suited for the type of hunting I do (deer, elk, moose...). Can you? Yes... it's it the best tool for the job? Yeah... not so much.

The other giggler was his idea that AR's aren't necessary as a tool against tyranny since our government has planes and nukes so. If there is no chance of withstanding those types of powerful weapons, what's your AR going to do? Why even have them?

As if governmental tyranny would take the form of blanket bombing U.S. cites vs. conventional policing and door to door confrontations? :s0140:

What a maroon....

I'll tell ya.... some of that really gave me a good chuckle. Rosenthal, self proclaimed hunter, just flabbergasted that anyone would hunt with a .223 rifle... asking "and you eat that?" with all the massive tissue damage caused by a .223?

Is he just completely unaware of the tissue damage caused by other more typical hunting rifles (30-30, 308, 30-06, 300's, etc)??

Personally, I don't typically use an AR for hunting as I consider it only marginally adequate and not well suited for the type of hunting I do (deer, elk, moose...). Can you? Yes... it's it the best tool for the job? Yeah... not so much.

The other giggler was his idea that AR's aren't necessary as a tool against tyranny since our government has planes and nukes so. If there is no chance of withstanding those types of powerful weapons, what's your AR going to do? Why even have them?

As if governmental tyranny would take the form of blanket bombing U.S. cites vs. conventional policing and door to door confrontations? :s0140:

What a maroon....
I think Rosenthal may have hunted at some point, but is thinking deer. The AR platform is very suitable for feral hogs, where it appears to be the top choice. 223 is widely used for varmints up to coyotes and wolves and is quite capable for smaller deer and similar animals. Most of his "knowledge" seems to be what he read on the Internet and it's a typical tactic to claim to be a gun owner/patriot/etc., when you really want to abolish guns. He comes across like a racist saying "Some of my friends are black, but...".

I wish they had spent more time focusing on the lies and half truths of Rosenthal, but if you didn't know the truth it would be easy to buy into his line. That's what we need to be able to explain in terms that the moderate audience can understand.

I think Rosenthal may have hunted at some point, but is thinking deer. The AR platform is very suitable for feral hogs, where it appears to be the top choice. 223 is widely used for varmints up to coyotes and wolves and is quite capable for smaller deer and similar animals. Most of his "knowledge" seems to be what he read on the Internet and it's a typical tactic to claim to be a gun owner/patriot/etc., when you really want to abolish guns. He comes across like a racist saying "Some of my friends are black, but...".

I wish they had spent more time focusing on the lies and half truths of Rosenthal, but if you didn't know the truth it would be easy to buy into his line. That's what we need to be able to explain in terms that the moderate audience can understand.
Thanks for this link and I will watch it later on.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top