JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"He who is not a republican at twenty compels one to doubt the generosity of his heart; but he who, after thirty, persists, compels one to doubt the soundness of his mind."

Anselme Polycarpe Batbie

Well since 30% of College Students agree that Gun Rights matter, then we can correct our statement to say that only 70% are idiots...satisfied? :p

I dislike the common theme here that those of us who went to college are dumb for making that choice. Especially in situations like this one where the study is of 2000 students from who knows what combination of colleges. So lumping the whole of us into that generalization just ruffles my feathers.

Perhaps we should say people between the ages 0-30?
I used quite a bit of my grant money over the 8 years I was in college to buy my first AR15, Pump shotgun, and pistols. It was semi-intentional to use state and federal grants to fund my means to resist. Ironic or karma, I'm not sure.

I dislike the common theme here that those of us who went to college are dumb for making that choice. Especially in situations like this one where the study is of 2000 students from who knows what combination of colleges. So lumping the whole of us into that generalization just ruffles my feathers.
The comment was that "College Students" that were Anti-Gun Rights were idiots. But I'll be definitive and state that anyone that is Anti-Gun Rights is a dolt and an idiot...Better? ;)

Like I said, I went to college and graduated. My wife went. Our girls are currently enrolled. I have a "useful" degree, and I've never had trouble finding a job. So it was not a dumb choice for me, by any stretch. But I was also imperious, highly opinionated, highly inexperienced, and way out of my depth commenting on policy at that age. I think what people here take exception to, is the media giving a platform and lending credence to that inexperience, whenever it suits their narrative.

Go Ducks.

Last Edited:
Well since 30% of College Students agree that Gun Rights matter, then we can correct our statement to say that only 70% are idiots...satisfied? :p
They just need to get a real job and experience the governments hands in their pockets to change their minds. I was fortunate to have already realized that dinstinction at the tender age of 18. I worked for a hard working, republician, capitalist and quickly realized I wanted more than a union job and union protection...

I did not get my first AA, (AS) degree until I was 26. My BS degree when I was 37. Late bloomer. When pretending to go to college part time while driving a a school bus for a living before I got drafted, my observations were that there were two types of college students.

The first type was the 18 year old kid who did not have a clue what to do. Air heads. The second type were the 30 year olds trying to get into a difficult impacted course of study leading to a meaningful degree where money could be made. A good career job with job mobility.

A total and complete difference in the effort of study. Older. Smarter? Dunno that. Probably more experienced being broke and hungry. Young folks today may not understand that meaningful education is the key to a good full life. Wish I knew that when I was 18 and dumb.

I went to college. I valued gun rights and got into arguments with professors over it. Don't know what other college students thought, also didn't care. Do what I gotta do and roll on, no time to sit down and care about other students' opinions.

A total and complete difference in the effort of study. Older. Smarter? Dunno that. Probably more experienced being broke and hungry. Young folks today may not understand that meaningful education is the key to a good full life. Wish I knew that when I was 18 and dumb.

^^^That was my wife's story too. Penniless and hungry. She was a non-trad student and kicked everyone's butt. Now she's killing it in life $$.

I was far too immature when I first went to college, but I somehow stumbled through, making lots of mistakes along the way. I wanted to do 2 years in the military after high school, but the recruiter told me they no longer did 2-year enlistments.. He said it would take 2 years to train me, and it wasn't worth the Army's money. I think they should do 2-year enlistments again. It would help a lot of kids learn discipline. I know it would have helped me focus and get better grades in college.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads