JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3 college degrees (2 bachelors and a Masters) and fiercely pro gun. Then again, I was a punk who had used my guns before I went into college for self defense. It is amazing what using them to achieve peaceful resolutions does to your perspective. And nobody ever polled me about gun rights. And I have 16 years of college.

3 college degrees (2 bachelors and a Masters) and fiercely pro gun. Then again, I was a punk who had used my guns before I went into college for self defense. It is amazing what using them to achieve peaceful resolutions does to your perspective. And nobody ever polled me about gun rights. And I have 16 years of college.

In fairness the title probably should be...
Today's College Students don't value Gun Rights

That's because they've grown up in one of the most privileged and easy periods of youth.
Everything is handed to them, they've grown up with smart phones, social
Media, tinder, everybody got a trophy, and most of their parents tell them nothing is their fault.

They are soft and unchallenged in life.
They've never seen struggle or times of danger.

Thats why so many get into college or even high school and face some adversity then choose to end their lives.
Depression is rampant.

Most of them are afraid of guns, probably because if they were around one, they would be so mentally broken they would use it against themselves.

Polls are tricky and demographics are mined for favorable results.

I'm sure the results would have been much different if the last question asked was, "Do you favor banning gun ownership for anyone born after the year 1999?"

A lot of BS has happened in the last four year in Oregon, SB941 was like the snowball that start the avalanche.

Well, it's the overwhelming number of numbskulls living in the Willamette Valley that keep putting the Legislature where it's at now. We rural voters keep trying to talk some sense into the urban dwellers, but of course, they know better than us dumb hicks and rednecks. Portlandia for all!!!

I don't think much of their right to vote. I think the voting age should be 21.

Probably more like 61... ;)

BTW... I'm not sure a college education is paying off as much as it used to... I just read about one feller that has $500,000 in student loan debt... he better become a brain surgeon or he's not gonna be paying that back. Many students are racking up debt that they will have for years, if not for life.

Oh another thing, we have professional students now. My grand-daughter-in-law has gone to college on loans for 8yrs, using the $$ mostly to support her family. Got her BA in Biz Admin two years ago, owes $160k, and still makes excuses for not working. Sigh.

Thats because kids get loans not to pay for school, but housing, food, vacations, cars, clothes, phones, computers.
They treat student loans like free money until they have to pay it back.
Then they become democrats that need a bailout and someone else's money to pay for the money they wasted.

I fell in that trap. Stupid kid. Terrible with money. Over a couple years borrowed $45k. Somehow in the fine print, that ballooned to almost $70k, after fees and interests.
I knuckled down, worked hard, at times with two jobs.
Paid my bills, saved money and my wife and I were lucky enough to buy a house at the right time.
5 years later, we refi'd and I was able to pay off the remaining balance.

The banks definitely prey on the ignorant kids trying to go to school, but kids are still dumb to not recognize they will need to pay it back and how much that will haunt them for the long foreseeable future.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top