JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I suppose like any poll..
Depending on just how the question is phrased and where / when you are asking the questions , that will skew the results of the poll.

Do all college students not value gun rights...? No
Did the majority of the ones in this particular poll not value gun rights...Yes
All that really tells us , is that for this poll at that time and place , the majority of college students did not value gun rights.
Andy

I went to college. I valued gun rights and got into arguments with professors over it. Don't know what other college students thought, also didn't care. Do what I gotta do and roll on, no time to sit down and care about other students' opinions.

That's awesome. Probably caused some of those eggheads and pinkos to lose sleep.

My first thought was... who cares?

Poll: no one who matters values college students and their unexperienced opinions of the world.

Too true!!!

Sure are a lot of people on here making hasty generalizations.

Wow, 4 posts in and then your comment... are you making a hasty generalization? :p;):D

I dislike the common theme here that those of us who went to college are dumb for making that choice. Especially in situations like this one where the study is of 2000 students from who knows what combination of colleges. So lumping the whole of us into that generalization just ruffles my feathers.

Okay, but I didn't get that drift from the comments. Rather I think it's more like... kids are dumb, as in inexperienced. But to address your point: I understand that there are lots of people in today's world saying that college is useless... but IMO we don't want to read too much into that... A college education is still valuable (I know because I was shut out of higher paying jobs), but the educated elite (and sometimes I think of them as educated idiots) has been putting it out that ONLY a college education is valuable... ie; the "other" party is trying to make trade schools disappear by not granting funding as in GI Bill, etc. We need people with trade skills as much as we need people with cerebral skills. Maybe even more so as in it's hard to find an AC repairman at times, but it's not hard to find an office worker, middle mgr, etc.

Have some kids... you'll find out how much you still don't know!!!

But I was also imperious, highly opinionated, highly inexperienced, and way out of my depth commenting on policy at that age. I think what people here take exception to, is the media giving a platform and lending credence to that inexperience, whenever it suits their narrative.

Go Ducks.

IMO it IS an age thing. From a teen thru my 20s, I changed my politics back and forth a number of times. But I could espouse with equal vehemence on any position I adopted. First I was a devotee of Ayn Rand at age 12, then do-gooder from 16 to 18, a cause follower, then back and forth, then I was apolitical til age 30, then a conservative, then I realized I am actually a libertarian ideologically, and that's where I settled after many years. Early in adulthood, I was unaware of that which I was unaware, I didn't know how much I didn't know, but thought I knew everything!!! Having kids and some time on the road of life with some successes and some losses cures a lot of that. Well, for some it does anyway. Now "they" want 16yr olds to vote. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I suppose like any poll..
Depending on just how the question is phrased and where / when you are asking the questions , that will skew the results of the poll.

Do all college students not value gun rights...? No
Did the majority of the ones in this particular poll not value gun rights...Yes
All that really tells us , is that for this poll at that time and place , the majority of college students did not value gun rights.
Andy

There ya go... messin up a good thread with logic bombs!!! :p;)

I dislike the common theme here that those of us who went to college are dumb for making that choice. Especially in situations like this one where the study is of 2000 students from who knows what combination of colleges. So lumping the whole of us into that generalization just ruffles my feathers.
I hope its clear my post was about currently enrolled younger students who have no real world experience, not "everyone who has ever attended college".

I don't think it has anything specifically to do with them in college. I think that age range identifies with people like David Hogg and other trolls that have no real value of ANYTHING except their phone and their Facebook. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I hope its clear my post was about currently enrolled younger students who have no real world experience, not "everyone who has ever attended college".

English matters... I noted that you wrote college "students", not college "graduates". At any rate, I'm an old guy, so I automatically went to "kids are dumb". LOL

I don't think it has anything specifically to do with them in college. I think that age range identifies with people like David Hogg and other trolls that have no real value on ANYTHING except their phone and their Facebook. :rolleyes:

Facebook is so passe' for a number of years now. Even Twitter is out. It's Snapchat, Reddit, Instagram... and all those others that I don't doo! ;);)

Facebook is so passe' for a number of years now. Even Twitter is out. It's Snapchat, Reddit, Instagram... and all those others that I don't doo!

You know more about it than me, my friend. Hmmmm............

:p

the media giving a platform and lending credence to that inexperience, whenever it suits their narrative.

BINGO!!! We are in an era where 'THESE people think THIS way and YOU should TOO';

in my own 1968 college population, a similar %age of striving-to-be-educated were similarly opinionated, as there was a poll run then proclaiming similar results.

So what do they value, besides their cell phones?

Easy... whatever they've been taught to value. If their parents will not teach them, the soul less corporations certainly have open arms. As do the (predominantly) Liberal minds that have survived the current college indoctrination policy and have decided to teach it.

If you (parents) don't do it, someone will always come along to fill the void.

^^^That was my wife's story too. Penniless and hungry. She was a non-trad student and kicked everyone's butt. Now she's killing it in life $$.

I was far too immature when I first went to college, but I somehow stumbled through, making lots of mistakes along the way. I wanted to do 2 years in the military after high school, but the recruiter told me they no longer did 2-year enlistments.. He said it would take 2 years to train me, and it wasn't worth the Army's money. I think they should do 2-year enlistments again. It would help a lot of kids learn discipline. I know it would have helped me focus and get better grades in college.

Personally I think there should only be a four year enlistment to keep the good ones who want to serve their country instead of the wimpy ones who just join for college bonus money with no intentions of saddling up when they are needed to fight.
That's just my personal thoughts on the subject.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top