JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do hear what you're saying. Even having to jump through hoops to obtain items we have a constitutional right to have is an overreach of government and I wish firearm stores were like 7/11. Open 24/7 were we could walk in and pay for what we wanted and walk out.

However, looking at this from the perspective of laws we currently have on hand, that is where Im coming from. And my sentiment towards the straw purchaser types that are arming gang members I have no pity for as their gang gun wars often result in more and more gun laws despite the cities they reside in doing nothing to stop them. Whereas normal gun owners jumping thru FFL hoops don't typically act or use their firearms in the same way as the gangsters getting these firearms.

If these folks were smart they'd just buy 80% stuff and build themselves, he could have even just sold 80% kits and it would have been legal (unless prohibited by wacky local laws). I fully support the 80% movement and how that is skirting the new age registry they are assembling or planning to assemble.
You could argue we use to have that in Oregon. Private sales were legal not too long ago.

My point was that straw purchases wouldn't be a problem if they weren't infringing on our rights. I play by the rules because I want to stay on this side of the jail bars but I support none of their rules regarding gun purchasing, ownership, etc. And I don't wish punishment on those who are caught breaking rules that I don't believe are constitutional. I am just one man and I know many others who are happy to support these rules and get enjoyment out of seeing others punished for violating them.

" . . . . sold an undercover officer 73 firearms, 59 of which were loaded, and over 40 high-capacity magazines from July 17, 2020, to December 22, 2021. . . . "

"The NYPD worked diligently to intercept these deadly weapons before they hit our streets. Bronxites are dying from gunfire and we cannot tolerate one more illegal gun in our community," Clark said in a statement.

Dilligently my @ss. WTF took them so long to arrest this one-man crime wave?

It appears that the astonishingly prolonged "buy & walk" law enforcement activity took place under New York City's former mayor, who - IIRC - famously blamed other states' "lax gun laws" for New York's gun problem. And now we finally have the arrest taking place a mere 8 days before the new mayor steps into office. The political optics of that situation are clear to me, anyone else see it?

As an afterthought, how can I help but wonder about how this has all sort of played out like a deplorable, bass-ackward version of "Fast and Furious"?

Yes, this person broke the law.

HOWEVER:

Kid was an honor student and already running a successful business model. He definitely understood the laws of demand and supply.

I agree that something is very fishy here. Why the delay in charging? Was it to make a better news release? Why were 300 charges filed? How many hours did the DA spend on preparing an indictment with that many charges? Why is it illegal to sell a firearm to someone who can legally possess one?

I would wager LE could have saved more lives and done more for community by using the dollars and time expended working on arresting drug dealers than their efforts focused on this individual.

There's people in this world that shouldn't be allowed to have a kid...let alone a firearm. :D
Agreed in principle, however, who gets to decide who should be allowed, what factors contribute to that, and does this infringe upon anyone's rights in anyway? Not so simple an answer in reality! I agree, there are those whom it is so plainly obvious should not be allowed, but those would be a small exception to the greater cause of freedom!

Agreed in principle, however, who gets to decide who should be allowed, what factors contribute to that, and does this infringe upon anyone's rights in anyway? Not so simple an answer in reality! I agree, there are those whom it is so plainly obvious should not be allowed, but those would be a small exception to the greater cause of freedom!
Yes Sir, totally agree & it's the exact point why I have always been on the fence about this issue. Overall I am usually for less regulation of any sorts in life. On the other hand majority of people on this planet are selfish not so bright sheep. lol :s0092:

There's people in this world that shouldn't be allowed to have a kid...let alone a firearm. :D
vasectomies at birth. want it reversed? no problem - all you have to do is be at least an adult, and actually want/intend to have a kid. no other restrictions - not necessary to completely revolutionize society in one generation.

The other thing is are we shure this is not a fabricated case to show that we need to change all guns laws to require gun registration and take away more gun rights! It is the government you know and we all know how honest the government and the AFT is.
Because it's NYPD and not the ATF. Sometimes it helps to actually read the article.
Kid was an honor student and already running a successful business model. He definitely understood the laws of demand and supply.
But he wasn't smart enough to buy a car with his profits, apparently. He rode the bus. :rolleyes:
Why is it illegal to sell a firearm to someone who can legally possess one?
How do you know who he sold them to (aside from the fact that his major customer seems to have been an undercover cop)? Are you just assuming his customers could legally buy a gun? Anyway the stuff he was selling was illegal in NYC. Doesn't matter why, it just is. Whether the law in NYC is right or wrong, he broke it, and he's paying the consequences.
I would wager LE could have saved more lives and done more for community by using the dollars and time expended working on arresting drug dealers than their efforts focused on this individual.
I would agree that in terms of time invested and money spent this operation seems to have been extremely inefficient, to say the least. They should have busted him after the first illegal transaction and moved on.

Maybe they thought he was going to lead them to Mr. Big Gun Runner.

EDIT: His crime with respect to the firearms seem to be more related to the manner of the sale rather than what was sold. He was selling them on the street, so obviously he wasn't to picky about his customers.

Last Edited:
Yes, this person broke the law.

HOWEVER:

I agree that something is very fishy here. Why the delay in charging? Was it to make a better news release? Why were 300 charges filed? How many hours did the DA spend on preparing an indictment with that many charges? Why is it illegal to sell a firearm to someone who can legally possess one?

Probably a coincidence that the NYC Mayor is pushing gun restrictions right now.

Probably a coincidence that the NYC Mayor is pushing gun restrictions right now.

He starts off with the same age-old political drivel… "fix our broken schools, greater access to mental health programs, guns are bad and we'll be patting down everyone at every port of entry to the city…… blah, blah, blah."

Let me save you time and energy…. NOTHING will change, except for increased taxes.

FUNYC, right in your STUPID face. :rolleyes:

He starts off with the same age-old political drivel… "fix our broken schools, greater access to mental health programs, guns are bad and we'll be patting down everyone at every port of entry to the city…… blah, blah, blah."

Let me save you time and energy…. NOTHING will change, except for increased taxes.

FUNYC, right in your STUPID face. :rolleyes:
Yup, stop and frisk didn't work out so well last time NYC tried it, yet mayor stupid is all for enforcing it again!
That's illegal search and seizure BTW, it's unconstitutional, says so right there in the Bill or Rights! It's also illegal detainment, again, unconstitutional, yet here we are!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top