JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can
I went because I needed a MagPul sling and a screw on sling attachment ring. Stopped at a dealer's table and found a sling, screw on sling attachment and a couple of other items. Dealer comes over and I hand him enough cash that I will get change back. He asks me if I'm planning to use the sling and screw on adapter on a Sig 556 forearm. I said no and he says that it won't work on any other gun and that I can't buy it. I told him I'm going to mount it on something else and that it'll work fine. He argues with me telling me that he's the dealer and he knows what will work and what won't. I asked him if he knew what I was going to use it for, he looks puzzled and replies "no I don't", I respond "then how can you tell me it won't work?" Dealer looks a bit foolish, then grabs the items out of my hand and puts them in a glass case and says you're not allowed to buy them.

:)

I just started laughing at him. I really could not believe this was even happening. Then he says to me "if you explain to me what you're going to use them for, maybe I'll sell em to you." I smiled and explained how I was planning on using the screw on loop on my Sig 556 pistol rear and that I knew what I was doing just fine. He thinks for a minute and says "see, that wasn't so hard was it. Next time just tell me up front so I can decide." He pulls the items out from the glass case and hands them to me. I step back a bit and with a smile told him that he was insane and that I wouldn't buy his stuff if he was the last MagPul dealer in the world. I walked on down to the next table and bought my stuff, no problems at all.

:)

It was worth the $8 entrance fee just to experience a moment in the Twilight Zone.

By chance do you remember that dealer name or company, I say call him out for being an d-bag. If I know who he is, I will make it easy for him to decide if I can buy his products.

Can

By chance do you remember that dealer name or company, I say call him out for being an d-bag. If I know who he is, I will make it easy for him to decide if I can buy his products.

tg, I do remember the company name but am hesitant to give it out just incase the guy was having a bad weekend. If your at a show and you spot a MagPul sling, pick it up and tell the dealer that you're going attach it to a broom instead of a firearm. If his bottom lip starts quivering, then it's probably the guy. :)

tg, I do remember the company name but am hesitant to give it out just incase the guy was having a bad weekend. If your at a show and you spot a MagPul sling, pick it up and tell the dealer that you're going attach it to a broom instead of a firearm. If his bottom lip starts quivering, then it's probably the guy. :)
Bad days and customer service don't belong in the same sentence imo.

You found a Python? I think that is worthy of sharing some pics so we can ooh and ahh! Nice find!
So dobeman, you got that Python? Congrats. I got paid yesterday and went out to Gunbroker to buy it, but was told it had sold at the show. No worries, they had just put another on the wall so I didn't go home empty handed. Yours is nicer though

So dobeman, you got that Python? Congrats. I got paid yesterday and went out to Gunbroker to buy it, but was told it had sold at the show. No worries, they had just put another on the wall so I didn't go home empty handed. Yours is nicer though

Yes, the 4" blue one. It is very nice condition, I couldn't pass it up. The Anaconda was tempting too. Congrats on your find as well.

Yes, the 4" blue one. It is very nice condition, I couldn't pass it up. The Anaconda was tempting too. Congrats on your find as well.
Thanks, mine is a 6" blue. A little holster wear around the barrel but barely fired. Shot it yesterday and was very pleased. I almost got the Anaconda but couldn't get both

When are people finally going to realize what's been true for at least the last five years?

GUN SHOWS ARE PURE CRAP AND NOT WORTH IT!
I was told by a gun dealer to come back to his shop and the rifle would be about 60 dollars cheaper on Tuesday. Nothing there is a "deal". They have to pay for the booth at the show, transport the merchandise to and from the show. They are not going to eat the cost, they are going to pass it on to the buyer. Only thing you get at a show is the ability to look at more than one shop in the course of a small amount of time. Most of what I want, I will call, if they have it, I zing right over. Between the 2 major gun shops in the area, there pricing is pretty close, so it's all down to who has the inventory, makes it easy for me. That's why I drive to troutdale a lot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top