Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Collectors Corner: S&W SD-9 Performance Center

Reactions
Limited Run Only 174 Made

Wow they just do not make them like this anymore. So far this is the most accurate 9mm I have ever shot.

I wish it were mine.

Who else owns one? I have never EVER seen one in person until now.

Reactions
If Smith and Wesson only built 174 then it was for an Agency or Of and that's where you need to look. You might also look into joining the SWCA.

dcfranzen

Reactions
Sweet! I've never heard of a model SD-9, so I check my Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson 4th Edition and could find no reference to SD-9, but a check by the product code 170053 revealed the pistol was a model 5906 and shipped to a stocking dealer in 1994.

OP
M
Reactions
Actually that's what makes this so unique S&W sent some out as 5906 and some as 6906 by the label. As much as I love that book it leaves a lot of detail to be desired for this pistol. Closest is page 466

sd9a.jpg

sd9b.jpg

OP
M
Reactions
356tsw 147gr at 1150fps across the chronograph you can read a little about it here

Reactions
356tsw 147gr at 1150fps across the chronograph you can read a little about it here
Interesting stuff... thanks for that.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online