JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I viewed most of the hearing (thanks Taku) and listened with an FFL ear (was once one).
I watched the Aye folks blatantly blithly lie and fabricate in front of everyone and the public.
Refusing to acknowledge the fissures and fractures in their sculpted edifice.
Thanks to Representative Mike McLane District 51 for presenting the facts, and the other Representatives that yielded their time so that Mike could continue to present.
The Ayes plan to "correct" 941's imperfections as need be (to them).
They can do whatever, whenever they want because they are in the majority.
Remember this when they plead and demand for co-operation in the future when they need us.
I noticed at the end where the Speaker continued a bunch of pending legislation to later.
Quite a few of them under the emergency clause.
There are too many liberals in district 51 for me to consider a recall of my "representative".

I'm trying to be factual while still incredibly angry.
Edit:
Taku is not an A hole. At least to me.
He has my full and unqualified respect and admiration.
Taku pointed out a link where one could observe and listen to the legislature in action.
Taku is a Marine, as am I. I will pm him when and if I think he's an A-hole.
Hasn't happened,..but the day isn't over yet!:D

Last Edited:
Rep Paul Evans and I have been sending each other nasty e-mails back and forth but I did get from him that there might be amendments concerning C&R licenses
He's not my rep but I abuse them all equally .

From Prozanski:

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Sen Prozanski <[email protected]> wrote:

Eric – Yes, under SB 941 I do believe that individuals who hold a C&R FEL would be still be required to have an Oregon background check before having a firearm transferred to them.

Floyd

That answers that. The true intent of the bill becomes evident. The state found another avenue of grabbing money; gun owners and cigarette smokers are socially acceptable targets.

That's what got me so upset, that he was clearly aware of the C&R FFL and specifically excluding it knowing what little that would do to reduce crime. This was left out to hurt us. This bill is punishment

They all knew C&R was not included rep Evans said he thought there was amendments coming to fix it [941]
They had to pass it, just had to. Now their scrambling to fix it after the fact.

They all knew C&R was not included rep Evans said he thought there was amendments coming to fix it [941]
They had to pass it, just had to. Now their scrambling to fix it after the fact.

I would be very surprised to see that. There is no motivation for them to add an amendment which could have easily been done in the committees. I'm bet on no changes.

As far as I know, the bill only targets the SELLER. It is not illegal to receive a firearm without a background check, it is only illegal to sell one. So you should be able to buy from out of state just fine with a C&R license.

As far as I know, the bill only targets the SELLER. It is not illegal to receive a firearm without a background check, it is only illegal to sell one. So you should be able to buy from out of state just fine with a C&R license.
You are mistaken , sir. the background check is on the buyer, just as it is when you purchase from a gunshop which, in essence, you are actually doing since the seller in the ftf transfers to the FFL dealer . The dealer performs the background check on the buyer.

The background check is on the buyer, the law impacts the seller, but here is the law for you to read:

(b) "Transferee" means a person who is not a gun dealer or licensed as a manufacturer or importer under 18 U.S.C. 923 and who intends to receive a firearm from a transferor. Enrolled Senate Bill 941 (SB 941-A) Page 1 (c) "Transferor" means a person who is not a gun dealer or licensed as a manufacturer or importer under 18 U.S.C. 923 and who intends to deliver a firearm to a transferee. (2) Except as provided in ORS 166.436 and 166.438 and subsection (4) of this section,

(2) Except as provided in ORS 166.436 and 166.438 and subsection (4) of this section, a transferor may not transfer a firearm to a transferee unless the transfer is completed through a gun dealer as described in subsection (3) of this section.

(5)(a) A transferor who fails to comply with the requirements of this section commits a Class A misdemeanor. (b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this subsection, a transferor who fails to comply with the requirements of this section commits a Class B felony

Note that there is no penalty for the transferee.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB941

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top