JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Came across my old ammo collection. Had plans back in the day to do a display but have since lost interest.
Anyone else collect this old ammo?
Most is live....some inert....and one well it's just a mock up lol
0906161325b.jpg 0906161325c.jpg 0906161325d.jpg

My Grand Dad had a collection of one of just about every cartridge he could find! I think he had over 300 rounds. I have no idea how or where he came up with it all, or how he managed to get just one round, but he had them! He made a display board of them all with labels for each and every one! The biggest was a 37 mm anti aircraft round with AP- incendiary! Lots of different 20 mm rounds, and several different types of .50 BMG! I have no idea what ever happened to them all after he passed, I think they all got deactivated and destroyed!

Got some cool stuff in there, and some pretty mundane stuff.

I have a massive cartridge collection, but yea, never seem to get around to displaying it, it all lives in my desk drawer o' reference. The crowning jewel is a 300mm GAU-8 round with what I think is a DU-core, it might be tungsten steel.

Got some cool stuff in there, and some pretty mundane stuff.

I have a massive cartridge collection, but yea, never seem to get around to displaying it, it all lives in my desk drawer o' reference. The crowning jewel is a 300mm GAU-8 round with what I think is a DU-core, it might be tungsten steel.
Yep a lot if the norm.
There are a few I don't even know what they are. There is also a 5mm Pinfire which I have always thought was cool.
Prob just store therm away for another 10 years Lol

Yep a lot if the norm.
There are a few I don't even know what they are. There is also a 5mm Pinfire which I have always thought was cool.
Prob just store therm away for another 10 years Lol
All I got is a couple a weird half paper pinfire 9mm.. I think they're shotshells.
Probably quite a few, by the looks of it, have multiples of whatever cartridge but none of X and some trading/swapping could be done to broaden one's collection. Maybe someone should start a thread for that?

Yea the big stuff is cool but you really need a place to display that stuff lol

I was recently at a place that had 8" navy shells in their gift shop, I almost bought one, but was like "seriously, that's only coming home if I make a lamp out of it. but I don't need another lamp". Now if they had some 60mm mortars, I would have bought them in a heartbeat.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top