JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
International trucks and truck parts. My Dad and I spent an evening going through our parts, ended up with 4 pages worth of stuff we'd like to get rid of.:s0112:

47354b4a-57e8-614e.jpg

I built this one before I had kids

Let's see, besides guns I collect money and bullets! Oh and I like fast/exotic cars but if you think a $1,100 gun is expensive cars are not for you, neither are NFA weapons.

If you really want a FiveSeven why not sell 3 to 5 pairs of shoes as you have now posted about a FiveSeven in at least three other threads.

International trucks and truck parts. My Dad and I spent an evening going through our parts, ended up with 4 pages worth of stuff we'd like to get rid of.:s0112:

I remember when my dad brought home a brand new (back then) 1974 International Travel-all. Had a 392 V8, 4x4, seemed as big as a Bus, lol. But I loved it. I'd borrow it for weekend trips to the beach or moto-x track and be able to haul all my gear, and just about all my friends, too.

I still get a grin when I remember him telling me one night - "I don't want to see that thing come home with female footprints on the headliner" :s0114:

Well I expected to get some criticism, but you have to admit, to each his own. I don't even understand why I like shoes so much, other than I like to dress nice when I go out to parties and stuff. I have a nice pair of old work boots that you guys would love, for the crappy days in which the shoes in my collection might get dirty.

I have $3200 in silver, they are in a stock account though.

Im not really afraid of SHTF, since I live in a house, I only need one handgun at the moment to feed my need to go shooting. The laser grips are sighted in for about 25 feet which is ideal for a small house. I guess if I were Ted Kacynski (not commending him on his bombings, but his ability to survive in the wild very well) I would probably get a hunting rifle for purposes of getting my own supply of food. I use to collect ammunition for my firearm, but since I lost my job I can't afford it nearly as easily. I had 800 rounds (I know that most of you would consider that to be dangerously short on ammunition), Im looking for good deals on 9mm ammunition to restock my supply, they were trying to sell a box of 50 rounds of 9x19mm for $36 a box at the gun store I last went to. If I could go half and half on someone getting a bulk supply of 2000 rounds, or a good deal or someone who had a lot of of 9mm, I would probably scrape up some cash to replenish my stock of ammunition.

Right now I consider a 2nd handgun to be a luxury I can not afford. I barely go shooting as it is, went out shooting about a couple days ago but that was the first time in a long time. I find the 9mm bullets to be just a tad pricey, but the 5.7x28mm rounds to be really expensive for how small they are. I have no immediate need for a handgun capable of piercing soft body armor, nor do I an assault rifle like a Kalishnikov, even though I plan on adding both down the road.

Believe me, I want more guns, I also collected MR2 Turbo parts for a while since I built Toyota MR2's for drag racing. I bought a $500 Ford Mustang 70mm TB and custom intake manifold that would of been good for getting my MR2 to run solid 11 second quartermiles, impressive for a tiny 4cylinder and a car not much bigger than a miata. I gave up the import drag racing hobby in favor so I could finance a ton of other much cheaper hobbies that weren't quite as fun but still fun. But as far as collecting goes, I just collect shoes.

You guys may think its a silly waste of money, but compared to constantly rebuilding motors and $2400 turbo kits, it is a much cheaper hobby than drag racing.

I collect vinyl records, mainly classic rock, laserdisc movies, and model kits of which are mainly airplanes.

I love model airplanes but I just don't like building them. I'd like to buy one to sit on my desk next to my computer. I built a p-38 1/48 scale not too long ago, but it didn't come out too good, not compared to what I see on the internet.

LP's known to you kids as Vinyl Records (2600), CD's (500), Reel to Reel tapes (200), Cassettes (450), vintage Stereo equipment, Aviation Serials (250+), Aviation Books (200), Model airplane magazines (4800), Model airplane engines (50), Photo books)200+), Cameras, Silverton Memorabila, June Drake Photographs, And a zillion misc things.

LP's known to you kids as Vinyl Records (2600), CD's (500), Reel to Reel tapes (200), Cassettes (450), vintage Stereo equipment, Aviation Serials (250+), Aviation Books (200), Model airplane magazines (4800), Model airplane engines (50), Photo books)200+), Cameras, Silverton Memorabila, June Drake Photographs, And a zillion misc things.

Just think what your back up supplies would look like if you had invested that money there,instead

For me my top three are firearms, cigars, and liquor (mostly bourbon).

I also have two Scout 2's :D

I once had a girlfriend who had 189 pairs of shoes, and wore them very well.

People spend 13 hours a day in shoes, buy good ones and that time will be better. Same with a bed mattress.

Collect what you want as long as you take care of your family first.

Guitars, tube amps, kayaks, cameras, motorcycles, drum sets, all variety of weaponry, ex-wives, etc., etc.

"Collecting" has always been an issue for me, and the object of of more than a little ribbing by friends... Acquire one cool thing, get a backup, learn more about them, get some upgrades. Own at least one in every variant/color, etc. Passion can easily evolve into obsession.

Interesting thing I've noted as the decades fly by, and I think a lot of these pawn shop/picker shows on TV have actually helped me gain a healthier perspective...

Sheer numbers of things seem less important now than they did within the "first dozen" of each new fetish. I'm learning to thin the herd in some areas, sell and trade, make nice gifts, and control the numbers. It's easier than I thought it would be. Downright liberating actually.

I don't know if I actively collect anything, including firearms. I've got several knives including a few automatic knives. I've also got a pretty good liquor collection, heavy on the whiskey. The liquor always ends up disappearing though.:s0114:

I've also got a cabinet full of technical computer books, most several years old. They are good to brush up on a programming language or some server configuration. All the information is easy to find online and current so they rarely get used.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top