JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd like to get more guns but I just cant swing it at the moment since guns are so damn expensive, one of the firearms I want, the FiveseveN is $1100 new.

Anyways, something I did take up some years ago was collecting expensive shoes, Ive got somewhere around 25 pairs. Its more of a New York City thing since they don't have cars, people will buy a nice pair of shoes instead. One of my pairs is valued between $350-$400. I just really like shoes, I have one project I want to take up where I take a 22 year old shoe, where the sole has cracked, and replace it with a retro sole, so it can be wearable again. I estimate that shoe will be worth around $400 if that happens, to another shoe collector, I just have to find a sole swapper and most shoe repair stores are incapable of doing the repair since its a very rare and old basketball shoe.

Some people are highly critical of my collection hobby because it is vain and decadent, but for some reason Ill spend big bucks on shoes, I just really enjoy going out in public in a fresh, expensive pair of shoes, my only problem is Im in Missouri and few people care or appreciate a fine pair of shoes but for when I go to parties and stuff. Here is my current pair Im wearing right now, I picked them up for $208 *used*.

DSCN0042.jpg

air-jordan-collezione-vi-xvii-3.jpg

I think anyone who is into collecting will spend high dollar on things that serve no major purpose or have a purpose that can be completed by a much lower priced item, my shoes function as good as a $25 pair from Walmart. My Uncle is into buying super old speakers and restoring them to working condition. He said he has like 50 speakers when obviously no one would ever need that many.

I was wondering if anyone on here collects things besides guns. While guns are a tool, I was talking to one man who had 125 firearms at the gun range and I could never fathom needing 125 different firearms, but to each his own, Im sure he couldn't understand why I would buy 25 pairs of high priced shoes, some of which I never wear or are unwearable due to their age.

If you want to see how hardcore people can be about certain collections, such as things like shoes, check out this man. He knew he was going to die, but rather being worried about dying, he was more worried about what was to become of his massive shoe collection.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/07/22/walking-on-air-his-shoes-made-the-man/

Since I can't have any more guns in MY county - I'm stuck on eighteen for now - I collect watches.

So far the &&&kwits in the gubmint haven't made THEM nigh on impossible to get hold of for law-abiding citizens.

tac, in yUK

I'd like to get more guns but I just cant swing it at the moment since guns are so damn expensive, one of the firearms I want, the FiveseveN is $1100 new.

Anyways, something I did take up some years ago was collecting expensive shoes, Ive got somewhere around 25 pairs. Its more of a New York City thing since they don't have cars, people will buy a nice pair of shoes instead. One of my pairs is valued between $350-$400. I just really like shoes, I have one project I want to take up where I take a 22 year old shoe, where the sole has cracked, and replace it with a retro sole, so it can be wearable again. I estimate that shoe will be worth around $400 if that happens, to another shoe collector, I just have to find a sole swapper and most shoe repair stores are incapable of doing the repair since its a very rare and old basketball shoe.

Some people are highly critical of my collection hobby because it is vain and decadent, but for some reason Ill spend big bucks on shoes, I just really enjoy going out in public in a fresh, expensive pair of shoes, my only problem is Im in Missouri and few people care or appreciate a fine pair of shoes but for when I go to parties and stuff. Here is my current pair Im wearing right now, I picked them up for $208

I collect stupid posts on forums, to show my kids as examples, and explain to them how disappointed in them I would be if I ever read similar posts of theirs.

If it isn't firearms,gold,silver,food,ammo,or other tradeable goods,why would you bother?

If it isn't something that will be useful when SHTF,then you are wasting your money.
You could make another house payment,car payment,buy more food,water storage,ammo,survival goods.
More gold,silver,brass,lead,guns,ammo,food,ANY supplies that will extend your likelihood of survival.

Now go cook and eat that pair of sneakers

Oh yes whiskey. I do have a weakness for that. Right now ive got some Pendleton, Snake river stampede, and a bottle of a local distillery called Dry fly. Id be happy to share if you ever make it up here.

Dry Fly makes great stuff. They really paved the way for craft distillers in Washington.

Various things I collect (by accident, or on purpose): knives, axes, medieval weapons, wooden cups, bronze pine cones, Ephraim pottery, oil paintings, booze, etc. Oh, and guns.

Some people are highly critical of my collection hobby because it is vain and decadent, but for some reason Ill spend big bucks on shoes, I just really enjoy going out in public in a fresh, expensive pair of shoes, my only problem is Im in Missouri and few people care or appreciate a fine pair of shoes but for when I go to parties and stuff. Here is my current pair Im wearing right now, I picked them up for $208 *used*.

DSCN0042.jpg

air-jordan-collezione-vi-xvii-3.jpg

I think anyone who is into collecting will spend high dollar on things that serve no major purpose or have a purpose that can be completed by a much lower priced item, my shoes function as good as a $25 pair from Walmart. My Uncle is into buying super old speakers and restoring them to working condition. He said he has like 50 speakers when obviously no one would ever need that many.

I was wondering if anyone on here collects things besides guns. While guns are a tool, I was talking to one man who had 125 firearms at the gun range and I could never fathom needing 125 different firearms, but to each his own, Im sure he couldn't understand why I would buy 25 pairs of high priced shoes, some of which I never wear or are unwearable due to their age.

If you want to see how hardcore people can be about certain collections, such as things like shoes, check out this man. He knew he was going to die, but rather being worried about dying, he was more worried about what was to become of his massive shoe collection.

Walking on Air: His Shoes Made the Man

Yes there is something to collect that is more important that Guns, ammo, & even pussy,..... its called time

These store all the money I collect from picking up cans and bottles. They work very well as babysitters too. Give a kid a few pennies and they'll be happy for hours at a time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top