JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Lots of 114 threads, with lots of info.

Seems to me that collecting those into a smaller number of threads would let members find info more easily.
I upvoted this suggestion but I would caution that any consolidation be with very simliar subject matter.

A different suggestion might be to temporarily add a new Measure 114 thread section. Any thread related to Measure 114 could be tossed in there. I think that might be easier for the mods to deal with.

Now that we've had a week of lawsuit frenzy, I'd like to narrow my proposal.

Yesterday, I think, one member posted something like 'I'm not going to read 41 threads to find out the answer to this question'; don't recall the question, but it had been answered several times before.

So, I think we should have several 'Master' threads, and many of the existing threads should be merged into them, including new threads after that action.

Generally, the threads should be:
* court case actions and documents; include here the newspaper articles that point to such documents. Probably need two of those right now: 1 for the US District Court cases before Judge Immergut - OFF, Fitz, Eyre, Azzopardi - because they're all running on much the same schedule and with much the same arguments. I think a separate thread for Arnold before Judge Raschio is probably warranted - different court, different arguments, and, unfortunately, likely to be short-lived.

We've already seen OFF's appeal of the denial of the TRO to the 9th Circuit; I would expect the other 3 to appear later this week. Keeping the early actions at the 9th separate from the eventual 3-judge panel appeal (either by the State/defendants or the plaintiffs) will he helpful.

* and therefore, a court case actions and documents thread on the appeals to the 9th, after Judge Immergut has ruled on however many of the existing suits survive and any new ones that may be filed.

* Next, a thread on 'what does Measure 114 actually require?' All the 'does it do this, does it do that, does this thing satisfy that requirement?' stuff should be in one place. An FAQ thread, if you like.

* Then, a thread on how this will be implemented, funded, administered, enforced - things about OSP and DOJ and Sheriffs.

* Probably a thread on the fix-up bill after it is introduced in Jan 2023. That result will influence the 'implemented' thread answers.

* Then, if we lived in an orderly world (which I know we do not) a thread for complaining and 'the 2A is my permit' and other personal political things. I certainly don't want to keep anyone from posting anything within the existing site rules; free country, generally free speech are very important. But those are not very informative and really do clutter threads with other purposes. A lot of newspaper and tv station 'news' articles should go here, along with LEVO pronouncements and statements from politicians.

The 'vote against 114' should probably be un-pinned and closed; it has served its purpose.

Presuming this runs 'normally', this will be a hot topic through about 2025. Maybe the 'temporary' forum would be a good idea, too.

Like we did with the main 114 voting thread, only this time, can we please for the love of God keep it locked and just have the OP post which can be updated periodically with relevant info in an easy to digest format.

This helps so much clutter and constant clone threads from cropping up. Have all your supplemental threads be subs to the main body that can be stickied and everyone can see it and reference it whenever like a FAQ.

Something to consider is that a member may post on a topic that has already been posted on because they were ignored by other member. I would suggest that if you see a thread started that you feel is redundant, just ignore that thread.

Has any discussion occurred regarding starting a Measure 114 Section. There seems to be a lot of fatigue among members who are disinterested in Measure 114 threads. If we could chuck them all in one dedicated section, members could add that section to ignore list.

I say make pinned topics. Permit, mag ban, litigation, and delete the rest. Topics already start like wait time and ect keep open. Mods could always have links posted in the first comment and keep updating from there. Any discussion that does not fit those pinned items delete and move on. There is a lot of threads and pages and pages of info but it take awhile to read all of them to find what your looking for. If a new thread starts just needs to be moved to the right location and delete the post made. We will always have people making new threads as they want to be the first and over look existing threads.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top