JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm curious, which points do you disagree with? Personally I find him pretty spot on across the board. By the way, it's Ruppert with an "e".

As far as politics go- he's spot on. However, his "solution" for SHTF scenarios is to go to his website (click), pay for a membership to meet and greet with other like-minded survivalists, buy some land together and create a tribe-like community with absolute strangers.

Actually when CoLLapse was first released in (selected) theaters, CollapseNet didn't exist, and Ruppert had no plans to start it. He was actually officially retired from investigative reporting and had started a music career. He came out of retirement earlier this year for financial reasons (though he's still into the music). That's just a bit of background.

As far as your critique about membership itself, I partly agree. People can join for that reason, even though that's not the stated purpose of CollapseNet, but I suspect they'll be sadly disappointed for many reasons. On the other hand, the "World News Desk" feature provides daily news updates from non-mainstream sources, as well as occasional videos, written commentary from Mike Ruppert, as well as member-contributed content. Similar news links are available elsewhere for free (I can provide URL's if anyone is interested) but Mike's insightful analysis alone is worth the price of admission ($10/month). I've been reading his stuff for a few years, and I don't doubt his sincerity.

Anyway, didn't mean for that to be so long-winded, I just wanted to add a bit of info based on my experience. I am a CollapseNet member (free beta tester's subscription). I haven't yet decided if I'll continue when my free pass runs out, but I probably will.

By the way, IMHO NWFirearms still ranks #1 in my mind as a place to meet local preparedness minded folks in the PNW (who also happen to like firearms, a big bonus).

As far as politics go- he's spot on. However, his "solution" for SHTF scenarios is to go to his website (click), pay for a membership to meet and greet with other like-minded survivalists, buy some land together and create a tribe-like community with absolute strangers.

I'm sorry... he knows all this from "30 years" of reading newspapers? He has a college degree, and was a police officer? I think this guy just needs a friend. He is a major quack. "My wife, also a CIA agent, left me and people started shooting at me." We all know 'that guy' that just doesn't know how to stfu at parties and such. This lady down the way thinks cameras are watching her. Very similar situation. Watch 'The Informant' with Matt Damon.

He actually thinks that Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld THEMSELVES wanted to bring him down PERSONALLY.

WHACKO

This guy by far thinks he is the absolute most interesting person in the world. Shame on the people that put a camera in front of him and feed the fire.

I'm sorry... he knows all this from "30 years" of reading newspapers? He has a college degree, and was a police officer? I think this guy just needs a friend. He is a major quack. "My wife, also a CIA agent, left me and people started shooting at me."

Bingo. I agree 100%. Ruppert is a total quack.

He is the 2010 version of Gary North who was predicting doom for Y2K, or Stan Deyo who was doing the same decades earlier. Nothing happened for Y2K, but North never acknowledges it or apologizes for the chaos and panic and the people who shot their dogs and moved to foil covered tents in the hills. He just pockets the cash from his Y2K newsletter and slides right onto his next whackjob idea.

I was reading Stan Deyo's predictions of financial doom and alien conspiracies at high school in the 1970's when Ruppert was still a cop or a secret agent. (Or probably locked in a nuthouse for all we know).

I met Deyo for lunch decades after his predictions had not come to pass. Lovely guy, enjoyable lunch, completely delusional. He was all about his next thing (a Yellowstone superquake). I guess I learned how to spot them after that.

He is the 2010 version of Gary North who was predicting doom for Y2K, or Stan Deyo who was doing the same decades earlier. Nothing happened for Y2K, but North never acknowledges it or apologizes for the chaos and panic and the people who shot their dogs and moved to foil covered tents in the hills. He just pockets the cash from his Y2K newsletter and slides right onto his next whackjob idea.

I was reading Stan Deyo's predictions of financial doom and alien conspiracies at high school in the 1970's when Ruppert was still a cop or a secret agent. (Or probably locked in a nuthouse for all we know).

I met Deyo for lunch decades after his predictions had not come to pass. Lovely guy, enjoyable lunch, completely delusional. He was all about his next thing (a Yellowstone superquake). I guess I learned how to spot them after that.

Well, I can see how you might be disillusioned after that lunch. :)

Seriously, there's a lot of evidence and analysis out there to back up his Peak Oil message in the movie, from several experts other than Ruppert.

Also, for a "quack" he's a darn good investigative journalist. His book "Crossing the Rubicon" is full of independently verifiable footnotes and citations, and it was completely ignored by all the 9/11 conspiracy "debunkers"...which to me indicates it's hard to debunk his very factual and logical line of reasoning.

It's fine if you're still skeptical. I just think it's unfair to tack on the "quack" label just because you saw the movie and you're a self-described expert in quackery detection.

So regardless, he did have some insightful info. I think more and more people are deeply worried about the condition of our country, such that they're moving generally in the direction of tinfoil hats. If it helps get them a good night's sleep, then so be it.

I'm sorry... he knows all this from "30 years" of reading newspapers? He has a college degree, and was a police officer? I think this guy just needs a friend. He is a major quack. "My wife, also a CIA agent, left me and people started shooting at me." We all know 'that guy' that just doesn't know how to stfu at parties and such. This lady down the way thinks cameras are watching her. Very similar situation. Watch 'The Informant' with Matt Damon.

He actually thinks that Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld THEMSELVES wanted to bring him down PERSONALLY.

WHACKO

This guy by far thinks he is the absolute most interesting person in the world. Shame on the people that put a camera in front of him and feed the fire.

:D:D:D So what you ard saying is you are not prepareing and everything is good to go with Obama in charge:s0112::s0112::s0112:

jj

So, who paid for lunch, you or him??:D

jj

Try these out, while you're at it:

Zeitgeist: The Movie - 2007 by Peter Joseph on Vimeo

Zeitgeist: Addendum - 2008 by Peter Joseph on Vimeo

It takes enormous courage to confront the pernicious effects of our cultural myths. We naturally want to honor our heritage and traditions, but at what cost? Our superstitions have buried us alive, crushing any hope of moving into a future free of divisive fear.

Truth is the only thing that matters. There is no division on truth, only those who won't believe it divide us.

jj

Peak oil may be here or coming, but Ruppert's portrayal of world-wide collapse is way over stated. Natural gas is ABUNDANT and most oil and gas systems can be easily converted, buying decades while other forms of energy are developed. His critique of nuclear power is not very credible either. Currently, we have excess oil due to falling demand for a depressed economy.

He has painted capitalism as failing, along with every other economic system. There may be some collapses here and there, but reversion to a small scale agrarian system on a worldwide basis is not going to happen (though it will certainly be desireable to grow your own food should we enter another great depression). Economies of scale support that efficiency is increased with larger operations, not decreased. Governments and capitalism predate oil, though they were perhaps, accelerated by it.

Since he states that love of money is the root of all evil, I'd like to know his income from his "work". He strikes me as a profiteering alarmist in the ilk of Al Gore. Anyone know how to find out his reported income to the IRS for the last 10 years? If he had a background in economics........., but a cop with a Poli Sci degree (not knocking that, I have one too)...........?

I'm not convinced.

Peak oil may be here or coming, but Ruppert's portrayal of world-wide collapse is way over stated. Natural gas is ABUNDANT and most oil and gas systems can be easily converted, buying decades while other forms of energy are developed. His critique of nuclear power is not very credible either. Currently, we have excess oil due to falling demand for a depressed economy.

He has painted capitalism as failing, along with every other economic system. There may be some collapses here and there, but reversion to a small scale agrarian system on a worldwide basis is not going to happen (though it will certainly be desireable to grow your own food should we enter another great depression). Economies of scale support that efficiency is increased with larger operations, not decreased. Governments and capitalism predate oil, though they were perhaps, accelerated by it.

Since he states that love of money is the root of all evil, I'd like to know his income from his "work". He strikes me as a profiteering alarmist in the ilk of Al Gore. Anyone know how to find out his reported income to the IRS for the last 10 years? If he had a background in economics........., but a cop with a Poli Sci degree (not knocking that, I have one too)...........?

I'm not convinced.

Don't even know if this level of ignorance is worth responding to.

What about his critique of nuclear power isn't credible? You realize that even the computer you are using is made from plastics (which are made from crude oil) right?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top