JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe with todays media they are useing "peak oil" just like the lies of "man caused global warming". The lies never quit so any action you take is building your house on sand. Ever notice we are allways in a state of doom and gloom? The economy or enviroment or our enemies or terrorism and the list just keeps on growing. The real problem we have is government that is corrupt and distracting us with the doom and gloom.

Survival means working around the problems until you face them head on.

jj

lol. Oil reserves aren't like a friggin' gold rush. No one is saying that we should just rely on a single oil reserve and all our problems will be solved.
The US gets most of its foreign oil from Canada, and then Mexico. Canada exports about 2 million barrels to the US per day, and Mexico exports 1.2 million. Saudi Arabia comes in 3rd at a little over 1 million barrels per day. And even though the US imports all this oil, It still exports 1 million barrels per day. The reserve would provide a substantial amount of oil.

For every dollar of gasoline we buy, 8% goes to "big oil" and 14% goes to big government. The government makes almost twice the amount of "big oil" for every gallon of gas sold. 50% of the cost is from crude oil. The crude oil price is determined by OPEC. All they have to do is decrease production or keep tankers from entering ports.

Unionguy: gas was 4 bucks a gallon because demand was at an all time high, not because the pumps are drying up. That's how supply and demand works.
If they keep the supply down, that increases demand, which means larger profit margins. It would be financially foolish for them to increase supply when they know demand will only decrease in the winter. It economics, not a giant conspiracy.

And no I'm not saying oil is an infinite resource. I'm just saying there isn't going to be a straight cliff dive in production. It will be a gradual decrease in production over the course of several decades.

People were saying the same thing about coal back in the day. somethings just don't change.

The economic system is hand and glove with oil. If oil diminishes in supply, yes demand increases to a point, prices rise accordingly until people can't pay them. This isn't the issue. The issue is: what happens when the economic system can't actually grow, that is to say when MORE cannot actually be created than was created last year? Without fractional reserve banking and the concomitant credit-equaling-the-future nature of things, an exponential growth function cannot be ratified by reality. This is the problem.

Oil companies, big pharma whoever is not really relevant. They'll always work to screw everyone over if they can. The relevance comes when you look at the world contracting, globalization reversing itself and then overlay that on what the history of mankind has to say about itself with respect to sharing, problem solving, living in harmony blah blah, etc.

Major major issues here man. Gotta look outside the box, it's a dynamic potentially (most likely) catastrophic problem with no one taking it seriously and time running out.

Just saw the movie on Comcast demand the other night. Something you might want to show to people who have the uneasy feeling that something doesn't seem right. Puts our society into a different perspective and highlights our weaknesses.

Didn't make me to want me to go out buy a gun... oh wait... I have a couple of those.

SF-

I think you have it backwards here. We use less oil because of the economic downturn. There isn't as high as demand for oil, therefore we use less, therefore opec pumps less. Just because they pump less doesn't mean isn't there. We are not at peak oil... Its more like peak demand. What are people basing "peak oil" on?

All that needs to happen is rampant inflation, the dollar crashing, and supply and demand will have a new meaning.

Im not laughing at his misfortune, weather true or not, kinda sounded like a cheap plug for his book to me. thats all, struck me as funny when he worded it like that at the end.

Hey GUYS and GIRLS :)

Commie kidd at it again..follow thiS link and it should take u to the page where the movie can be found! DVD quality and for Free!! THERE ARE MANY LINKS..99% OF THEM WORK. ..MEGAVIDEO LINK IS THE ONE THAT ALWAYS WORKS FOR ME..ENJOYY!

PM ME IF U NEED ANYMORE LINKS TO ANY MOVIES. PEACE!

p.S - GOOD MOVIE(DOCUMENTARY) BTW :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads