JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got your feelings hurt? Sorry bout that Ferg.

Don't worry about the research, they'll be the rest of us out here to shore up your snap judgments and emotional instability. It'll all work out!

lol @, "Is he a prophet?!"
and..

"Nothing grows forever."
...come on.

Oil prices may spike, but they will come crashing down when nobody can buy it...

Seems interesting, but speculative and rather an alarmist point of view.

Not saying some of his claims are true, but obviously exaggerated for it's entertainment value, whether he actually believes them or not. :cool:

I'm afaid I'll have to agree with Charles. "The Sky is Falling!"...again.

Alarmism for profit has been around for a long time. People want to imagine gloom and doom.

Watch the History Channel, every other program is a documentary on how the world is going to end. And they just keep raking in the money. The movie "2012" is another good example.

I had a close friend who went into a fit of depression when the Soviet Union folded, because there was no longer a "Foe", or eminent danger, to prepare to defend against.

9-11 and the advent of world "Terrorism" brought him out of his slump.

It's a self-ordained "Expert's" myopic view of our ability, or inability to survive. I don't, and won't buy into it...

Same old, Same old, that haunts men's souls...I've got better things to worry about. I'll let Chicken Dick Cheney worry about the end of life as we know it.

Well tells how surfing the net in waiting rooms of multiple Dr. appointments on an iPhone can have you reading old stuff.

Good I am glad to hear he is doing well.

Have you found anywhere where his movie is on DVD?

SF-

Fox, from what I've heard the movie will be on iTunes sometime soon but they need to run it through the theater circuit first. Again though, Comcast claims it's gonna be available tomorrow through On Demand.

Is Michael Ruppert a prophet? No. I think he’s just a guy that has done research and formed his opinions about the data he has collected. True they are only his opinions but I believe he makes some valid points worth listening to. I don’t get the feeling that he is an alarmist for profit; in fact I felt more like he was a frustrated individual that was done trying to wake people up. I think anyone is naïve and asleep if they are not ‘alarmed’ as to what is going on in our world. There are so many factors swirling about that anyone of them could cause us to fall upon very hard times. I love my country and I’d like to think that we’re too big to tumble but I’d be foolish to not look at history and do my own research too. Ruppert is not the only one that has been saying for years that ‘hard times are upon us’. You can look at Gary North, Peter Schiff and heck even Ron Paul saying that we need to change our financial policy in the U.S.

I think what really spoke to me in the film is just how much we really do depend on oil. I was already aware that we put it in our cars, and use it to heat homes…etc. But he really paints a picture of our dependency and it is astonishing. The reason we have been so prosperous is because of oil. It is in nearly everything and it certainly drives everything.

I would love to put my head in the sand and ignore this stuff. My life is finally getting on track, I have a nice G/F a good paying job, and things are coming together, but with all the instability in our economy it’s hard not to feel like things are balancing on a precarious point, it’s prudent to take notice.

I know DB Cooper will be ok, he’s got all that cash stashed from his jump 38 years ago, but for me I’m still making preparations. :)

It is things like this that frighten and disgust me:
<broken link removed>

(look closely at the end of the graph)
http://www.hithimagain.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/researchstlouisfedorgif0.png

http://matrixgreatescape.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/worldpopulation.jpg

Looking at the world around us it’s easy to see that things can’t keep going at the same rate, something has to give….money, food supply, population...etc. With every sharp increase there follows a sharp decrease, that’s the way things go. Who knows if there will a ‘collapse’ in the next 3 years or in the next 103 but for me personally I feel it’s important to listen, learn and prepare.

The information in the movie were things I already was aware of, but it does bring it together nicely and as Silver Fox said it would be a nice wake up call for those that are more concerned about their fancy iPods and who else Tiger Woods slept with.

Is Michael Ruppert a prophet? No. I think he’s just a guy that has done research and formed his opinions about the data he has collected. True they are only his opinions but I believe he makes some valid points worth listening to. I don’t get the feeling that he is an alarmist for profit; in fact I felt more like he was a frustrated individual that was done trying to wake people up. I think anyone is naïve and asleep if they are not ‘alarmed’ as to what is going on in our world. There are so many factors swirling about that anyone of them could cause us to fall upon very hard times. I love my country and I’d like to think that we’re too big to tumble but I’d be foolish to not look at history and do my own research too. Ruppert is not the only one that has been saying for years that ‘hard times are upon us’. You can look at Gary North, Peter Schiff and heck even Ron Paul saying that we need to change our financial policy in the U.S.

I think what really spoke to me in the film is just how much we really do depend on oil. I was already aware that we put it in our cars, and use it to heat homes…etc. But he really paints a picture of our dependency and it is astonishing. The reason we have been so prosperous is because of oil. It is in nearly everything and it certainly drives everything.

I would love to put my head in the sand and ignore this stuff. My life is finally getting on track, I have a nice G/F a good paying job, and things are coming together, but with all the instability in our economy it’s hard not to feel like things are balancing on a precarious point, it’s prudent to take notice.

I know DB Cooper will be ok, he’s got all that cash stashed from his jump 38 years ago, but for me I’m still making preparations. :)

It is things like this that frighten and disgust me:
<broken link removed>

(look closely at the end of the graph)
http://www.hithimagain.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/researchstlouisfedorgif0.png

http://matrixgreatescape.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/worldpopulation.jpg

Looking at the world around us it’s easy to see that things can’t keep going at the same rate, something has to give….money, food supply, population...etc. With every sharp increase there follows a sharp decrease, that’s the way things go. Who knows if there will a ‘collapse’ in the next 3 years or in the next 103 but for me personally I feel it’s important to listen, learn and prepare.

The information in the movie were things I already was aware of, but it does bring it together nicely and as Silver Fox said it would be a nice wake up call for those that are more concerned about their fancy iPods and who else Tiger Woods slept with.

Flat out, awesome post! I agree and can sympathize with your situation 100%.

Wavo-

Good points well made. I enjoy listening to 'Free Thinkers' and you Sir, are one of them. I have several friends that are aware of something out there but do not have anything pin pointed, heck some of them are buying into this hippie 2012 mumbo-jumbo (mind you like Y2K, which some people on this board are barely old enough to remember, I am more concerned about the idiots who want to make something of 2012). They want to prepare but are stuck with the whole "we are going to be nuked" philosophy. I am not dismissing a Nuke war, I am just saying that it is less likely today than 25 years ago. A (fill in your own religious nut job) is more likely to detonate a dirty nuke in a harbor city that would draw world wide attention than China (who would buy there Bubblegum if they nuked us? Besides the way things are going BHO will 'refinance' this country with China being the principal holder of America's new mortgage) nuking us.

There are cycles in the animal kingdom, the financial world, physics, meta physics, laws of science etc... that state one thing: what goes up, must come down. It is a Universal law and there isn't an example anywhere, where something goes up and stays up, it all eventually comes down. Think gravitational pull on a football... looks good leaving the QB hands but it will come down. Its the law. Our society is no different. Look at American History, the Industrial revolution was based around oil and then eventually oil as fuel. Oil for us is no different than a herd of cattle who over graze a pasture... it eventually runs out.

To be so naive to think all is good (By the way younger generation that is into the hip-hop anti-Bush war thing... Michael Ruppert was the guy who broke the story of Dick Cheney's closed door oil meetings) is a choice for one to make for themselves. Go watch American idol and bee-bop on your iPod while munching on your Big Mac, all is good and don't worry about thing. As for myself, if I see clouds in the distance I look for my rain jacket and keep it near by while I go about my life.

SF-

After 2 years of reading and posting on AboveTopSecret.. And various conspiracy, paranormal forums and websites in my life.. I can honestly say that; Every time I "need" to listen to some guy due to his urgent message.. It's usually bogus. If he's predicting some doom gloom event, it never happens. Just because a man seems sincere and seems factual does not mean he is, it just means that he is making you believe he is. After all, look at Al Gore. And usually these guys are making big bucks off of what they do. Even if they don't seem like that's their intent.

I don't know what it costs to put together a seminar, but I imagine it probably is a little cheaper than putting together a movie.

Bottom line: to each there own. Where one person goes to school doesn't affect anyone else. If somebody chooses another school (of thought) or chooses to not go to school, either way has no bearing or impact on me or my loved ones.

The OP wanted to post some good information that he (or she) thought would benefit someone. Had he not posted it I would have never heard about it and for that I thank him (or her). If it doesn't apply to you, oh well what do you care? Life goes on right?

All is good yo'....

SF-

Edit: This was my 500th post.

I don't know what it costs to put together a seminar, but I imagine it probably is a little cheaper than putting together a movie.

Bottom line: to each there own. Where one person goes to school doesn't affect anyone else. If somebody chooses another school (of thought) or chooses to not go to school, either way has no bearing or impact on me or my loved ones.

The OP wanted to post some good information that he (or she) thought would benefit someone. Had he not posted it I would have never heard about it and for that I thank him (or her). If it doesn't apply to you, oh well what do you care? Life goes on right?

All is good yo'....

SF-

Edit: This was my 500th post.

Grats on 500th post.

Anyways, I'm not trying to be a prick to anyone.. It's just simply that I've seen a lot of these prophet types, and they are all just con men selling you their latest hustle.

Even if they've convinced you otherwise.

After 2 years of reading and posting on AboveTopSecret.. And various conspiracy, paranormal forums and websites in my life.. I can honestly say that; Every time I "need" to listen to some guy due to his urgent message.. It's usually bogus. If he's predicting some doom gloom event, it never happens. Just because a man seems sincere and seems factual does not mean he is, it just means that he is making you believe he is. After all, look at Al Gore. And usually these guys are making big bucks off of what they do. Even if they don't seem like that's their intent.

I listened to Ruppert starting in 2005. The crash of 08 and the continuing "super recession" was called by him perfectly. Not just a crash, but the way it all came down.

If any of you read James Kunstlers' Monday morning postings. (his site is James Kunstler, Clusterf*** Nation) you will also find that these so called predictions are not ramblings and rants of conspiracy, but historically based analysis of what's to come.
Kunstler is an avowed skeptic of any and all conspiracies and yet he is stating that we cannot sustain the unsustainable. The "Happy Motoring" nation is coming to a grinding halt, banks will give up and have so called "bank holidays"(and not so merry I might add) and we will revert to a nation based on localization of economies (local food production, bartering, etc...). If this all seems far fetched and distant for your liking turn on the tube and relax... it'll all be over soon.

If any of you read James Kunstlers' Monday morning postings. (his site is James Kunstler, Clusterf*** Nation) you will also find that these so called predictions are not ramblings and rants of conspiracy, but historically based analysis of what's to come.
Kunstler is an avowed skeptic of any and all conspiracies and yet he is stating that we cannot sustain the unsustainable. The "Happy Motoring" nation is coming to a grinding halt, banks will give up and have so called "bank holidays"(and not so merry I might add) and we will revert to a nation based on localization of economies (local food production, bartering, etc...). If this all seems far fetched and distant for your liking turn on the tube and relax... it'll all be over soon.

I plan to see this movie. I have read a bunch on Peak Oil, including Kunstler's stuff. My take is this: there is no doubt that we are "resource-stretching" the planet in a lot of ways (oil, food, atmosphere) and that cannot continue. Here's the "big question". Will it be a "soft" or "hard" landing? Heck, even Cuba got totally cut off from Soviet oil all at once and they didn't collapse into Mad Max world. So, I don't think anyone knows the answer to how that happens.

As I've posted before, put a frog in a pot of boiling water and it will jump out! put a frog in a pot of room temperature water, turn up the heat gradually and it will boil to death.

Unionguy, the fact is that the water is heating up, with unprecedented home foreclosures, bankruptcies, looting of our tax money at Wall Street, ad naseum... we're in it now! So to answer your question, it will be a slow decline into "collapse" with spikes of recovery and decline.

My wife and I just got back from the theatre and didn't learn anything that we don't already know, but one disconcerting piece was that he said don't try to run for the hills, it's too late. The best outcome is for small tribes of family and or friends to be prepared for whatever, food shortage, etc...
Wish I had some here in PDX I could start to plan with, I just either don't like or don't trust my neighbors.:(

To answer the Cuba situation, the government told all citizens to grow gardens and feed themselves. It was a rocky start, but within a year a lot of Cubans were eating organically grown good food and were healthier than ever. I wonder what our government will say?

Hope starts in the mind and if we collectively act more responsibly with ourselves and our environment a Mad Max world can be avoided. I believe that the collapse is already here though.
Stay healthy and prepared my friends!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads