JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This garbage regulation makes marginally more sense than the CA air resources board's push to make it illegal to sell cars painted dark colors. Yes CARB did push this agenda in the last few years claiming that dark colored cars get hotter in the sun requiring the owners to run their A/C more which makes CA's carbon footprint worse. How's that for logic - you can't have a car other than yellow, white, or silver because if your car is black or otherwise a dark color you might burn an extra few gallons of gas each year to stay cool... Just more conditioning of the sheeple to conform with what .gov says.

This garbage regulation makes marginally more sense than the CA air resources board's push to make it illegal to sell cars painted dark colors. Yes CARB did push this agenda in the last few years claiming that dark colored cars get hotter in the sun requiring the owners to run their A/C more which makes CA's carbon footprint worse. How's that for logic - you can't have a car other than yellow, white, or silver because if your car is black or otherwise a dark color you might burn an extra few gallons of gas each year to stay cool... Just more conditioning of the sheeple to conform with what .gov says.

Seriously ? That does sound like CA though.
I am surprised they didnt say black cars give you cancer in CA.........:)

They aren't doing their due diligence. They should be looking at the entire chain for auto paint from raw minerals to increased need to wash the finished product. Who's to say that white paint doesn't have more of an environmental impact due to mining and refining processes and paint binders required than black paint does because you may need to use an extra nth of a percent of fuel to cool your car. I'll bet they didn't even think about the warming effects of darker colors in the winter making them marginally quicker to warm up the interior.

:s0077:

So...according to their logic, because I can't warm up my lifted 4X4 1-Ton Dodge Cummins Diesel, when I perform some monster truck rally action of some liberal treehuggers Prius because I can't see out the window due to ice, that's somehow acceptable?

I must be off to never-never land.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads