JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just received a roll of uncirculated George Washington $1 Gold Coins (no gold content at all, these are the new $1 coins from a few years ago)

After doing research I read these are worth just that $1.. Unless they are the batch of screw ups that went out without the inscription on the rim of the coin. Those are said to be worth $50-$60 each, that means my roll of coins would be wroth $1250 :D

What should I do rip them open and check it out or keep them in the coin wrapper just store them away? Or are they even worth it to store them away, maybe I should just rip them open and check for the inscription on the rim, and if its there then just spend the coins :huh:

That has been the problem with many similar coins, the Susan B, the Sac, even the $2 bill. In the end your better off to spend them and buy real gold or silver. Those have a better chance of increasing in value. A $2 bill is still just worth $2.

Coins of any type with mint errors are generally valuable....some extremely so.....Even if regular, error free Washington dollars were worth a lot, keeping them in a coin wrapper won't increase their value any. Actually they'd be more likely to depreciate, as being stacked together in a wrapper can cause abrasion and aesthetic damage. Were they valuable, the best bet would be to open the wrapper & store each separately- coin shops have various types of storage / display containers available that will keep them in excellent condition....might as well go ahead & open 'em anyway since the wrapper won't make them worth more, plus you just might find you have one or more rare variants or a one with a mint error.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top