JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We went to a local starbucks... My hubbie and i both carried... :) we saw many people at the starbucks... :) I am not sure if some people didnt know about the boycott or if they even cared... But, i will admit that this was a very busy morning for the workers... It wasn't too packed but it was filled... :)

I wasn't carrying today because I took my motorcycle in to prison for a bike show. But I did go to Starbuck's afterwards. In Belfair, WA. Didn't see any one carrying but a bit surreal. four 40 something women chatting away (pretty normal). But the dude with two parakeets and a laptop... a bit different!

Brutus Out.

Took the wife out for some coffee at Sbux a little bit ago.
Classic iced was decent enough. But the taste of countering the metrosexuals boycott was sweeter.

Believe it or not, a lot of people who look very "metro" and/or hipster are big 2A proponents.

-- One of the baristas who worked for me was about the most metro guy I've ever seen, and he's the son of a career Army father, and older brother to a Marine, who himself owns and often shoots both ARs and handguns.

-- I know another "hipster" who conceals an M&P full size with a Surefire X300 and Trijicon RMR under skinny jeans and knit sweaters

What many people (including PNW residents) don't realize is that WA and OR are loaded with strong 2A advocates who happen to wear the "hipster" or "metro" uniforms. My brother often refers to people in these Dem dominated states as "Second Amendment Liberals".

Okay... So... i just read article about the boycott :)

"However, Russell and others who push social bigotry against armed citizens deliberately tell half the story. Starbucks, and any other business, also has the right to serve armed citizens and ignore the gun prohibition lobby, which might be in the best interest of customer safety. There does not appear to have been a spate of attacks in stores where armed citizens are gathered for coffee. Saturday’s turnout at Starbucks shops suggests the coffee giant might ask the Moms group to be more vocal, because it appears to boost their business."

I thought this was great ... here is the article and its towards the bottom.

<broken link removed>

Do you tip 2 bucks for a coffee? Unless I'm getting table service, or if they're making something specifically for me (that isn't already in the pot) I don't tip anything, and certainly not until I've actually received service. I got tired of entitled service industry workers a while ago. The last time I tipped before actually being served was at the Stingray Cafe in NE Portland, I had to wait for the servers to finish their conversation, who then couldn't be bothered to look at me when they took my money, and the coffee was cold.

I always tip baristas, pizza delivery drivers, and strippers.

Keith

Believe it or not, a lot of people who look very "metro" and/or hipster are big 2A proponents.

-- One of the baristas who worked for me was about the most metro guy I've ever seen, and he's the son of a career Army father, and older brother to a Marine, who himself owns and often shoots both ARs and handguns.

-- I know another "hipster" who conceals an M&P full size with a Surefire X300 and Trijicon RMR under skinny jeans and knit sweaters

What many people (including PNW residents) don't realize is that WA and OR are loaded with strong 2A advocates who happen to wear the "hipster" or "metro" uniforms. My brother often refers to people in these Dem dominated states as "Second Amendment Liberals".

Like RBid said. We may not all wear wranglers, buzzcuts, and drive SUVs, but we're on the same side. :)

Here in Portland, note lots of hipster guys are Libertarian or Independent. Some of our hipster women are starting to have Libertarian views as well.

Honestly there's a reason Burdick's anti-rights bills died... it's because the majority of Oregonians are pro self-defense, even here in Portland.

I always tip baristas, pizza delivery drivers, and strippers.

Keith

I tip pizza delivery people, I wouldn't want to see what would happen if you didn't tip a stripper. Baristas are a grey area for me, for table service sure, but I've known a few in the past who've complained that they get paid badly and can't afford shoes, and that people who don't tip shouldn't go out, but they can still afford tattoos and have money to get stoned.

Like RBid said. We may not all wear wranglers, buzzcuts, and drive SUVs, but we're on the same side. :)

Here in Portland, note lots of hipster guys are Libertarian or Independent. Some of our hipster women are starting to have Libertarian views as well.

Honestly there's a reason Burdick's anti-rights bills died... it's because the majority of Oregonians are pro self-defense, even here in Portland.

There is a lot of truth to this. In fact, at least half of the younger gun owners I know in Portland would fit this description. Depending on which day you see me I might fit into this category, without the skinny jeans though :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top