JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to coat an AR15 lower to match the LMT flat dark earth color that is on the stock and grip.
What color coating would be the best match?
Should it be the same, or use something more of a sand color, for some contrast?

Preferences between Cerakote and Duracoat?

Doing it myself with Duracoat, or sending it to someone for coating?

The only way on God's green earth you will get any type of match is call the manufacturer of your upper and ask them the brand and color/shade of coating they use(d), and a suggestion of where to get some. Otherwise, you may have to accept the fact you are going to have a two-tone rig.

And if you use other colors it is almost like patchwork quilt camouflage. I think that is okay. My real concern is how well the coating will protect my parts.

I had an AR Cerakoted a few years ago to match a FDE Magpul PMag. I don't recall the color of coating, but it was pretty close...

Sorry I don't have a photo handy. Cerakote is the way to go, they can get pretty damn close...

I've talked to Mike at Northwest Refinishing a few times about projects and seen his gallery of completed projects. I wouldn't hesitate to send him work...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top