JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

Just joined and will be looking for advice on which gun and where to learn how to use it.

I do a lot of dual sport and dirt bike riding up in the coast range and seem to be running into more and more people that are out there for no good reason. Figured it would hurt to have some protection with me.

First question is would it be better to take class somewhere or just try to find somebody that knows what they are doing to show me the ropes. I have hunted with rifle and bow but rarely shot a handgun and never owned one so not really sure where to start. I work pretty close the indoor range in Clackamas so that is a good option but is there someplace better for somebody with next to no experience?

Thanks for any advice.:s0155:

I would recommend a class, they can put good ideas and habit into you before someone who you think has good habits but thier bad habits into you. I can't recommend OFA enough I took my basic handgun course from them and talking to my friends that have taken courses from others. I got way more education they anyone. It was well worth the little extra time it took from them then some place that runs you through the min.

OFA! (check out the link on the top of the page)

(and yes I want to take an other class from them pretty bad just to find the time)

Steven

Welcome here! the PSTC in clackamas would be a great place to take your concealed carry class. They also have many advanced classes you may want to take later.

I have had many people ask me to "teach them about guns" since they know that I am a gun person. I have found that most people will listen/pay more attention while attending a class with an instructor. Friends are better for hanging out with, when I need instruction/education, I seek a qualified instructor.

the above posters have given great advice.
SD

Thanks guys. After giving it some thought the only people I know that carry are probably not the best examples so an instructor sounds like the way to go.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top