JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is not a small gun (I own it), and instead of the Winchesters, I'd go for the Hornady 410 Critical Defense. A hollow point bullet/slug followed by two .35 balls. The pellets in the PDX still spread quite a bit and in a home defense situation you don't want to find multiple neigbors sueing for endangerment, mental trauma, damages and what not because a pellet hit their house. Penetration power is not particularly high, but the aftermath could be an issue. It's not a bad round though. :)

Does pack some punch, so that might not be the first choice for a female shooter who would otherwise go for 38 special. :)

Good one, should have thought of that.

I am more than a little frustrated with the way people seem treat firearms like some kind of magical talisman.
Until you have personal knowledge of that with a specific firearm don't comment. Magazine articles don't count.

Lighten up, guns are fun, guns are tools, guns are art, I have a lot, I know others who have a lot, some are jerks some are not. but our opinions should not frustrate anyone. and not all magazine articles are worthless and in the promotion of guns. Elmer Keith and Cooper, in my opine were on opposite ends of of the opinionated but still have tons of useful advice. My way or the highway is a turnoff. Its been over fifty years since I held my first gun. and many since crossed my path, many classes taken and given, at least monthly I am shooting and most time mentoring, but do not consider myself an expert on anything, I am always learning. I promote Safty, Fun, the rest is up to the individual to persue according their own perspective of guns. I have massive wrists and big hands so therefore have "no experience" with limp wrist causing jams however as a forty year student of engineering principals and gun Magazine articles, I understand and appreciate the events taking place that promote a jam in some guns especially light weight ones because of a limp wrist. The more you read the more you learn, the more you learn the easier it will become to weed out the bull. It's a wonderment to me of some of the post I read here, but it is only the agressive and uppity that I could do without.There is no subject on earth I have found where I have not had to sort through the opines to locate the facts as they apply to me. This to me is not frustration but the normal so why should normal frustrate? Knowledge is power and can come from anyone and everwhere. Knowledge Diversification is the best way to assess all subjects and be prepared. I love guns!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top