JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need help. I want to use a red dot to co-witness on my Ruger mk4 Lite.
I cannot find any red dots that will sit low enough to co-witness with the iron sights.
Does anyone have experience or know if there is a pic rail that sits lower?
Or perhaps a mount that would line up with the existing screw pattern that the pic rail has if I took the pic rail off?

I am looking to get the SIGHTMARK MINI SHOT A-SPEC M3- REFLEX SIGHT because it looks like it sits lower than
what I have right now, and it has rear sight cutout.

Currently I have the Bushnell 100 (Tasco) Please don't judge me on that, it was only $69 at BiMart.

I would use one of my Romeo0's, but I dont know of any pic rail adaptors for that.

Also, taller iron sights , but I don't think Dawson's has anything that tall for the Ruger.

Your help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

Why do you feel like you need it to co-witness? Ultimately it's a range toy. I wouldn't even bother with all the hassle. Your life isn't on the line if the RDS goes out.

Madmac, Lobos, Outer impact, tandem kross, all make mounts that are extremely low to the receiver and may help a red dot cowitness.

This was as low as I could get - Vortex Venom on an Outer Impact mount.

OIO.png

Looks like I should be able to use the Madmac mount with the sightmark since it is in the RMS-C mount and get the Dawson sights and have a winner

Success!

The madmac RMS-C mount was the golden ticket.
with the
SIGHTMARK® MINI SHOT A-SPEC M3- REFLEX SIGHT

I can now co-witness and lock in quickly and efficiently. Now I'm just waiting on
the Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight for a clearer lock in.

Thank you all for your help and pointing me to some great resources.

I'll add some pictures when I get the front sight installed.

This is really going to help my times tighten up on pistol.

Here's the finished successful co-witness setup. Just got the Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight yesterday. Much faster target acquisition.
Thanks again y'all for the referrals. It was such a great help!

0608212111.jpg

Here's the finished successful co-witness setup. Just got the Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight yesterday. Much faster target acquisition.
Thanks again y'all for the referrals. It was such a great help!

View attachment 901941
I want to copy this setup since I don't want to buy an fn502 just to have a cowitness setup on a 22. I was looking at the Dawson Precision front sights you mentioned but it looks like there's different height options. Which one did you have?

Last Edited:
I want to copy this setup since I don't want to buy an fn502 just to have a cowitness setup on a 22. I was looking at the Dawson Precision front sights you mentioned but it looks like there's different height options. Which one did you have?
It was the tallest one. I can't remember off the top of my head now. I will probably change it to the next size lower as it a bit higher than I ended up needing.

It was the tallest one. I can't remember off the top of my head now. I will probably change it to the next size lower as it a bit higher than I ended up needing.
Are you still using the stock Ruger rear sight or did you swap that out too? I didn't see you post a link for the part so I'm assuming you stayed with the stock sight.

Are you still using the stock Ruger rear sight or did you swap that out too? I didn't see you post a link for the part so I'm assuming you stayed with the stock sight.
It is the stock rear sight. I over compensated getting the super high front sight in trying to get the sight picture I like with a 6 o clock hold..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top