JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WE MUST REJECT THE IDEA THAT EVERY TIME A LAW IS BROKEN, SOCIETY IS GUILTY RATHER THAN THE LAWBREAKER.
IT IS TIME TO RESTORE THE AMERICAN PRECEPT THAT EACH INDIVIDUAL IS ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS OWN ACTIONS.

Ronald Reagan

Nuff said...

Patently illegal, even if it passes. Federal law (Lawful Commerce in Firearms Act) prevents this kind of stupidity.
The article says "The measure apparently conflicts with an existing federal law, but Democrats in the state reportedly say they want to get that federal law repealed." Good luck with that (NOT)!

The article says "The measure apparently conflicts with an existing federal law, but Democrats in the state reportedly say they want to get that federal law repealed." Good luck with that (NOT)!

Wish in one hand, crap in the other, and see which fills up first.

I like the shed responsibility idea. Let's make engineers and scientists responsible for all Wars while we are at it!! Sometimes the absurdity of the left cannot be taken to a more absurd level!

A basic concept in the law for the last few hundred years is that one cannot be held accountable for foreseeing the illegal actions of another. For instance, you cannot be held responsible for leaving your keys in your car if someone steals it and runs somebody over with it. What this legislation is trying to do is cancel 1000 years of legal precedent, and a few hundred years of settled case law. This would turn our entire legal system on its head. Good luck with that.

A basic concept in the law for the last few hundred years is that one cannot be held accountable for foreseeing the illegal actions of another. For instance, you cannot be held responsible for leaving your keys in your car if someone steals it and runs somebody over with it. What this legislation is trying to do is cancel 1000 years of legal precedent, and a few hundred years of settled case law. This would turn our entire legal system on its head. Good luck with that.
Here in the Vancouver area it's illegal to leave your car running in the driveway while you're away from it. You get a ticket if the car is stolen and your insurance MIGHT not be any good due to the ticket.
So, is that law valid?

Caveman Jim: "Need you say more when you mention gun grabbes & Dems????
They were all dropped as babies!!!"

That's funny, I have always chalked it up to inbreeding and congenital syphilis.

I like the shed responsibility idea. Let's make engineers and scientists responsible for all Wars while we are at it!! Sometimes the absurdity of the left cannot be taken to a more absurd level!
Yep, just like holding all Knife manufacturers liable for murders with their knives, baseball bat manufacturers liable for murders committed using their product, rope manufacturers liable for murders (strangulation) committed with their product, all blunt object manufacturers liable for murders committed with their product. It is ludicrous and makes one wonder where do these ideas come from and how do supposedly intelligent people accept them?

Caveman Jim: "Need you say more when you mention gun grabbes & Dems????
They were all dropped as babies!!!"

That's funny, I have always chalked it up to inbreeding and congenital syphilis.

Yeah, that was going to be my next response, DAMNHIT!!! J/K Good one... and they were in the same room when their Hippy parents were burning the hemp...

Here in the Vancouver area it's illegal to leave your car running in the driveway while you're away from it. You get a ticket if the car is stolen and your insurance MIGHT not be any good due to the ticket.
So, is that law valid?

Apparently nobody has pushed that law to a high enough court.

Not funny. This is back to the Clinton era tactics that brought about the Lawful Commerce in Firearms Act.

I'm sure the many cities that brought suit and the Clinton backed action through HUD knew they could not win their cases, but the strategy was to destroy the manufacturers financially with the legal burden.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top