JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is permanently closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
Couldn't see the guns in the case because owner had his duff up against it. Didn't acknowledge I was even there as I obviously was trying to see the pistols behind him. Only words said in my 10 minutes there shopping were as I approached the door to leave. Very poor first impression. Coincidentally my last impression, too. I shop exclusively from Jim's guns in Corvallis because he understands service before and after the sale (especially the after part).

I'd say it's worth checking out. I took my concealed class there a while back. Found them to be nice guys and the shop is growing in products it seems. I do however want to point out that i bought a holster for a pistol i own at their shop. Well i later found out bi mart had it i believe almost $10 cheaper. Good store though and ill go to them when i need something, but i will check other prices as well.

they have alot of stuff that other stores do not... and its really nice, they are nice, but sometimes unless your in there to buy they dont really talk to you, other times iv stood there n talked for along time...

They did screw me over kinda tho once... I ordered a rear sight for my gun and was told it would be in the next week.. checked back they were sent a front one and not the rear, they sent it back and got a rear one, but for the wrong gun, so dude told me he was VERY sorry and was going to make it right... Finally got the the right one in, had them put it on and what do ya know, they charged me $23 to put it on... didnt really see where that made it right but whatever...

Ill stick with Range masters from now on for all my night sights.. $100 installed it a good deal to me.. plus Jeff will just sit and talk to you all day and if you walk out empty handed he will thank you for coming in and saying hi

I didn't have a positive experience but I really didn't have a negative experience. I stopped in there a few times because my parents had lived in Albany and I didn't care for the place myself. The one time that really irks me, is the time that I stood around waiting for 15 minutes waiting to ask a question while the people running the shot were BS'ings. I don't think they should drop everything they are doing to accomdate me, but I also think if they are just going to stand around and BS, they could pause for a second and allow me to sneak a quick question in there.

It's not the first place I'd shop but it's also not the last either.

Thread cleaned and reopened

Please remember what the review section is for..

What the review section is for...... it is for honest reviews from actual experiences.

What it is not for..............it is not a place for self serving propaganda and for competing gun shops to play games.

Took me a few visits to CNS until i got comfy enough with them to throw some money thier way. But they did a great job on my free float rail for my AR-15. Took it in on a saturday mornig when they opened at 10. Was told maybe monday if they were busy. Got a call by noon that my rifle was ready to pic up. My only gripe is they do try and sell you more than you are looking for but thats thier job! LOL! Have bought a few other things from them kinda need to know what your looking for and what it costs other places. But it is great having them in the community. To all the first impression guys you have to remember they do have regulars that spend quite a bit of money in there so who do you think they are gonna give more attention too? If i had gone on first impressions i would have never gone back to Blackwater in salem. But i did and ended up spending $1k in there. turns out they are great guys too.

Prices are a little high but they have a great inventory, and both the owner and his employees are excellent to deal with. I took a CHL class from the owner and have purchased a few accessories here. Unfortunately the gun prices are just too high for me. I'm willing to pay a little more for the customer service, but the prices are literally just a hair over the line for me. Anytime I drive through Albany I stop in if they're open!

I went in the shop a couple weeks ago. I was "helped" by the big guy there(tall, round). I told him I was very interested in the Ruger sp101 but had some questions about the S&W 60. He said he didn't know about that specific model but usually....... He gave me information that was contrary to what I knew about the Ruger and had just told him about the Ruger and as I have now looked into was also wrong about the S&W info. He started talking to me about the 410 judge and the 454 casull. If a person is in your shop with questions about cc revolvers like the sp101 and a S&W J frame why would you start talking about hand cannons?
I am also courting the idea of an AR-10 style firearm so I asked him about that. I told him I had some reservations about the quality of DPMS and was curious about his opinion of the quality of RRA. He told me he couldn't help me because they didn't sell anything for that platform. I then asked him if they had ANYTHING in 308. He told me "We don't sell anything in 308". I find it hard to believe they don't sell anything in 308/7.62. Also seeing as they have a selection of ar-15s he should have some opinion about the build quality of Rock River.
The guy I talked to clearly had no idea what he was talking about. I had heard good things from a couple people and had cash in my pocket to buy that day. On a positive note they did save me quite a bit of money that day because I walked out the door with all that cash still in my pocket.

I enjoy swinging by and shooting the bull with Clancy and Kevin(?) and perusing their used stock. Prices are higher than I like on the new weapons, but their used stock is pretty good. They do have some good accessories, mags, and holsters. I usually pick up factory magazines from them as they have a large selection and it is usually in stock. (Except for some darn good surplus FAL mags, those have disappered from the market) Wish they had some higher end accessories in stock for black rifles, ie Aimpoint, Trijicon, Surefire instead of the NC Star stuff.

Greetings, this is Kevin Manske, the owner of CNS Firearms. Your account of a recent visit to our store is puzzling. We carry Ruger and Smith & Wesson CC handguns (in fact a lot of what we sell are CC handguns). Currently, we have an SP101 and several different models of Smith and Wesson J-frames in stock.
Again, it is very puzzling why we would tell you that we don't carry .308 caliber long guns, as there bolt and semi-autos in the rifle racks of that caliber. Also, there is a DPMS .308 AR-10 style rifle in the rack, that was there during the timeframe you said that you visited our store.
As far as Rock River, we do sell Rock River firearms and we know their product line fairly well. If you're as puzzled as I am, about your visit, I invite you to give me a call at 541-928-9953. Thanks for visiting the store and the feedack.

I've never had anything but good customer service. Interestingly, my 21 y.o. son is a bigger gun nut (and more knowledgeable) than me, but he has said he doesn't get as good of treatment as I do. Possibly my age makes me more likely to be a buyer and not a browser? I don't know. I like 'em, though.

Haven't been there but ordered some frog lube over the phone the other day and had it in a timely matter. The guy on the phone was very polite and helpful.

Stopped in when we were visiting Albany. Nice store with lots of great gear.
The place was crazy busy that day. Guess that says a lot.
Wanted to check out a couple S&W revolvers in the case, but had to leave before we could get to the front of the line.

I was driving south and pulled off the freeway for fuel, and decided to stop in. The store was nice, and they had a decent selection of firearms & related gear. They didn't really give me any attention, but I kind of liked that versus a pushy salesman. What DID bother me was an interaction with another customer while I was in there. The customer clearly didn't know guns and stated that a relative from back east wanted to give him a shotgun. He understood that he couldn't have it shipped directly to his house, but that his relative told him to check with a local shop to see if they would recieve it. The guy working answered with the biggest line of misinformation/lies that I've ever heard. He said that not only could he not accect a firearm from a non-FFL, but that if a gun ever came to the shop that he would be required to immediately notify the ATF/Feds and that the sender would be arrested for shipping guns accross state lines without a license. The guy was puzzled because his relative seemed to think that he may be able to ship it to an FFL. The guy working then reasserted his initial claim of mandatory reporting and jailtime. He stated that the only way a person can legally ship a gun is if it is to a gunsmith to have work done, but under no other circumstances can a person ship to an FFL without going through an FFL on their end. Now, I understand that it may be a store policy to not accept non-FFL transfers, but to vividly tell with such authority that it is a Federal offence was rediculous! Also, before anyone states that perhaps I misheard...that isn't the case. It was right after they opened, we were the only 2 customers in the shop at that time, and I puposely sat there to listen to what was being told. I kind of liked the store in general, but will never stop there again due to this behavior. Again, it was only my first time in the store, I don't know if it was the owner (I hope not) or just a misinformed "know-it-all" employee, but to hear people who are supposed to be knowledgeable leaders in the gun community cite nonexistent laws with authority is a pet peeve of mine. I just don't see these types of people belonging in a shop...even as an employee. Before anybody thinks that I'm wrong here is info directly from the ATF webpage:

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?
A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser's own State?
A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser's State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)]

Again, I totally understand store policies to not accept non-FFL transfers, but I will never accept the idea of spouting nonexistent laws. As an "authority", a person needs to know when to say "I don't know, but give me a minute to let me find out." He could have even said, "Sorry sir, but all your relative needs to do is have an FFL send it to me and then we will gladly transfer it to you."

I stopped into CNS today. Several people on staff. No other customers. They didn't greet me, but I said "hello". I asked to look at a G36. The staff handed it to me without hardly looking at me. I found the customer service to be a real put-off today ... practically totally absent. I went across the street to Albany Guns, Coins, and Jewelry. The place had plenty of customers, probably because the staff smiled, were friendly and helpful. Guess where I spent my money.

Had a great experience at CNS today. Immediately greeted in a friendly manner, they were happy to order me an LE/Mil discounted Glock. Also told them I need a transfer done and that there was a time crunch on it, he got right on it for me.

Best stocked gun shop I've been in since The Troubles started in December.

Greg

Have been into their store half a dozen times, and bought stuff from them at shows a couple of times. They always have lots of stuff in stock with a good variety of stuff, and have a great selection of magazines. Prices are good. Nice people behind the counter. My only complaint is that they are not closer to home.

Also they are open on Sundays now.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top