JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And it's from the Demanding Moms...because everyone knows that the Moms are objective, unbiased and honest. :rolleyes:

I can refute this absolute nonsense in one word...CHICAGO!

If more gun laws equal less gun deaths, then Chicago should be a peaceful liberal utopia instead of the decaying hell-scape of death that it actually is.

It's astounding they can spout this nonsense with a straight face.

Do I have to be the one to actually say it? Props to CNN for taking a break from talking about Trump or running features bashing Fox News.
It's astounding they can spout this nonsense with a straight face.
Unfortunately, they know that people who watch their network believe every word their "reporters" say...

It's a disingenuous propaganda technique; they want to make you believe that guns are more of a problem in rural Alaska than in downtown Chicago. This flies in the face of common sense, but if you can confuse the issue with misleading statistics, a lot of people in the middle who don't pay close attention will scratch their heads and think "Well, I guess those are the facts."

It reminds me a lot of how, every election year, we get those on here who spout off about how it's actually the (R) party that's against gun owners, instead of the obvious. It's bogus, of course, and easily refutable, but a lot of low information gun owners buy it and more importantly repeat it. I've heard this one a lot from my union friends. Union leadership tries their best to fool their gun-owning, hunting union workers into voting the way they want them to, with a fair amount of success.

Had the thought that this is very reminiscent of the prohibition movement then led to a Constitutional Amendment which was later repealed when public sentiment changed. Same people driving it - moms and preachers and politicians using it to get votes. IMO gun control is rising in a very similar way and it bears study into how they got and then lost power.

Same band, different tune

Brought to you by the same people who told you "the last election was the most secure in history", but when asked which election did they find was the least secure during their findings they label you an unpatriotic insurrectionist….. again, these are the people who tell you, "inflation is a good thing".

Apply the "180° opposite rule" and you will (almost always) find the actual truth from what MSM says.

:rolleyes:

I mean they aren't necessarily wrong. Admittedly I didn't read the article because I'm not giving CNN a click but from the small part I can see it seems they're arguing more guns = more gun deaths, less guns = less gun deaths.

If it's nearly impossible to get a gun it'll be nearly impossible for someone to die by gun (ie: South Korea, Japan, England, etc). If nobody had cars there'd be very little traffic related deaths. Logic follows. Not sure how this is news worthy. Must be a slow week at CNN.

He is running his 3rd presidency from his basement. Everything Bidum has done is an obvious extension of Obummer's ideas and policies.
And he's able to get Biden to so things that would make Obama unpopular if he did them himself. Can't let public perceptions endanger his narcissism

Anyone ever did a study about how more restrictions (infringements) on gun ownership has affected violent crime? Let's not carve out "gun violence" as violence is violent regardless of the tools used, be them accelerants, fists, automobiles, etc..

I tire of the lie that "gun violence" is due to the gun itself and the subtle notion that less guns means a safer society.

Anyone ever did a study about how more restrictions (infringements) on gun ownership has affected violent crime? Let's not carve out "gun violence" as violence is violent regardless of the tools used, be them accelerants, fists, automobiles, etc..

I tire of the lie that "gun violence" is due to the gun itself and the subtle notion that less guns means a safer society.
Get rid of guns and they just go to different tools like knives. The loser is the small, weak and elderly that don't have access to an equalizer.

Tell that to the people of Baltimore & Chicago. 2 of the Top 10 cities in states with some of the strictest gun laws in the Country (Illinois & Maryland). Let's also not forget CNN and the other mainstream media outlets are basically all direct products of "Project Mockingbird". Even Anderson Cooper (a Vanderbilt) worked for the CIA out of college. ;)

Very true. UK and Australia have had huge non gun violence issues since their bans.

Just looking at places like Chicago tell you what happens when good people are banned from having guns. The criminals don't care about laws.

Get rid of guns and they just go to different tools like knives. The loser is the small, weak and elderly that don't have access to an equalizer.
Don't forget the other elephant in the room here, taking away guns has the effect of removing any aversion to causing harm to others, the fear of being able to fight back is basically removed, allowing the criminal to literally get away with their crimes, as there is very little to stop them! Also, with out this fear, many who wouldn't do criminal things, now would, with no serious consequences to hold them in check! All this does is create more victims, which as we know, get punished by the system for any act of self defense!

Exactly. Crime and violence is cultural. If you study various countries and cultures around the world, and their gun laws, it becomes clear that crime is influenced by culture far more than just the tools available.

I had this discussion with a coworker a while back. He opined that while he knew gun control would never work, because criminals would always be able to get them, he wished they simply didn't exist at all. He figured the world would be a better and safer place if they didn't.

I replied that it was too bad that there wasn't a time in history when guns didn't exist, that we could look back on and see whether it was a peaceful utopia, or whether people still slaughtered each other with swords, sticks, rocks, and fists…

Oh wait. There was a time. It's called most of human history, and it was a far more brutal and dangerous time to live.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top