JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is it ironic that the examples they use in this video are those of the states that they state are the best?

Yes, the answer is yes.

I watched because I want to know their argument. I thought it was interesting that they finished up using a stabbing and an unarmed assault as examples. Freudian slip that they know it's an issue with people becoming violent as opposed to blaming a tool?

Didn't click but it's not hard to come to that conclusion. Laws/restrictions (Constitution be damed) make it harder to obtain/own. Making legal firearm ownership as hard as possible is of course going to make less and less firearm owners in theory. Legal firearm owners count for the majority of firearm deaths (suicide) so not really a huge leap to come to that conclusion. Now firearm homicide is a whole other thing all in itself.

Why click, when anyone that actually watches anything but AOCNN or MSBideNBC knows that is a blatant lie, like everything else they spew. So many anti-gun utopias are breaking homicide records impressively. Carjacking has gotten so out of control, it has led to shootouts. Even carjackers are getting car jacked.

First off, the study was done by everytown so the result was pre determined. And second you would have to separate suicides and study them separately for it to have much validity.

We need to know the lie so we can speak the truth

The claim is that the more gun laws in a given state that there will be fewer gun deaths per quantity of residents.

Note the use of gun deaths. This will include suicides, accidents and deaths caused by police. It implies murders, nut is not necessarily so.

Even at that, where did they get their numbers and are they accurate - did they just pull them outta their behinds?

Of course it's on CNN and similar where they will not be required to prove their claim.

And second you would have to separate suicides and study them separately for it to have much validity.
Precisely. Suicides are separate from the gun control argument. For example, Japan is well known for having some of the strictest gun control in the world, and also one of the highest suicide rates in the world. The gun is just a tool. Things like crime and suicide are cultural problems. Of course suicide by firearm is going to be more common in states where people more commonly own firearms.

Suicide by firearm is relevant to the mental health issue of suicide, not the political issue of gun control.

I like the study that says 99% of anything said on CNN is either a complete fabrication or an out right lie.
From their website:
"While all gun laws on the site are updated in real time—immediately following a new enactment—Everytown's formal rankings are released once annually in January. All gun death data included here are 2020 figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, WONDER Online Database. Citations for all gun laws can also be found on the relevant policy pages. All state-level gun ownership data is from RAND's database of household firearm ownership. "

Note that none of their data comes from law enforcement, but instead entities who have announced a gun control agenda like the CDC.

I'd like to know how their theory is effected by all the shootings in Potland the last two+ years, despite all the draconian and stupid anti gun laws!! Hum, maths is so hard!
They are conveniently excluding large cities by using per capita cherry picked statistics

more gun laws = less gun violence is a correlation. Yet if we say more guns = less crime they scream that correlation does not equal causation.

last time I checked Everytowns website I found them claiming an officer AD in a school parking lot was counted as a school shooting.

CNN has lost 90% of their viewership
People are fed up with their bias and lies. This latest bit of tripe is fodder for their last few diehard viewers. Anybody with the IQ of a turnip or higher is done with them.

Perhaps from now on maybe the OP's of these types of posts could just copy and paste all the text so they dont get any extra clicks they dont deserve? Lol

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top