JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ratings numbers are out. This is the highest rated Democratic debate on cable television, ever.

But...the ratings for BOTH Republican debates were both higher.

They're saying Hillary won this one hands down, and now, at least, MSN is saying that her performance last night would likely ruin any chances Joe Biden has of running.

Really? I remember in 2008 when Hillary was a 'lock' for the nomination, right up until some little upstart Senator from Illinois stepped in and booted her butt to the curb.

It's still WAY too early to call the real contenders on either side. Things will be very different 3 months from now when the caucuses and primaries begin in February. Iowa and New Hampshire should be very telling as to who will still be in the race. Polls are often very misleading and can be a poor indicator of what people really think, or want.

My prediction at this point is that Biden is a more likely candidate than Hillary. And either one will likely lose to the Republican contender, as long as it's not Trump. Or Bush #3. Or that sniveling weasel from NJ.

24 million watched the repub debate and 15 million the democrats...

What I learned from the debate:
1.) We need to be more like Denmark
2.) Guns and the NRA are evil
3.) No tax percentage is too high in the quest for the utopian society
4.) Only black lives matter
5.) Coalition's are our best defense
6.) Republicans are not nice people
7.) Climate change has been re-confirmed
8.) Martin O'Malley is psychotic
9.) Lincoln Chaffe is giving Marin O'Malley a run for that title and then some.
10.) Hillary Clinton irritates me even more than I thought

... did I miss anything?

The funny thing too is that the NRA only has about 5,000,000 members. Contrast that with 100,000,000 gun owners in America.

This is what I think about every time I hear someone advocate liability insurance for gun owners. Who's going to be the first to step up and offer this insurance? The NRA. Even if only 25% of the shooters use NRA insurance, that's a 5 fold increase in the size of the NRA.
Of course, I'm glossing over the fact that anyone with home or renter's insurance has the liability insurance today.

This is what I think about every time I hear someone advocate liability insurance for gun owners. Who's going to be the first to step up and offer this insurance? The NRA. Even if only 25% of the shooters use NRA insurance, that's a 5 fold increase in the size of the NRA.
Of course, I'm glossing over the fact that anyone with home or renter's insurance has the liability insurance today.

If that were true, then the folks pushing for liability insurance should be really worried. They're already so 'scared' of the NRA, imagine how they'd feel if they just increased their power to lobby congress by a factor of 5 :rolleyes:

I was struck by how much respect they give the NRA. They view the NRA as an almost invincible foe who can buy votes willy nilly. Then I read comments on here about how the NRA is kind of do-nothing and passive. Weird.
The main thing to remember and point out to gun owners that may consider themselves "blue," is the number of dem candidates that wear the NRA "F" grade like some twisted badge of honor.
Every election season we end up in debates around here about gun rights vs "other issues," with some assigning greater importance outside of gun rights. And there are other important issues.

But I firmly believe that any candidate that proudly displays his "F" grade is not worthy of consideration by ANY gun owner, and any member that insists on voting for, or advocating for such a candidate, is in reality not a gun owner at all, but an anti-gun troll/plant.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top