JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who believes their BS?
Apparently the 300 or so trained seals in the audience do :rolleyes:.

And, not only was she positioned in the middle, but given the last word in closing statements. Anyone who doesn't think this is simply the Clinton Foundation strong-arming the networks, on how this apparent faux coronation is going to go down, needs to get out of the house for fresh air. That, with all the baggage she has hanging around her neck, she is even standing up there as a POTUS candidate is a damning statement about our country's mental health.

FactCheck.org put out their report on the debate, and, as usual, the candidates weren't exactly truthful or accurate in some of their statements. To be fair, this happens in the Republican debates too, it's just political B.S., which is why I don't put stock in debates myself.

Here is the FactCheck article on MSN: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/factchecking-the-democratic-debate/ar-AAfqLFX?li=AAa0dzB

They didn't address much about gun control, but did call Hillary out on her distortion of the truth regarding gun deaths. Honestly, if it weren't for suicides, the case for gun control would be even more dismal for these folks. Here is what they said about her:

Clinton on Gun Violence
In talking about the need for stronger gun control, Clinton said: "I think that we have to look at the fact that we lose 90 people a day from gun violence. This has gone on too long and it's time the entire country stood up against the NRA." Annual gun deaths do average about 90 people a day, but only a third of those are homicides.

Most gun deaths are suicides — a violent act, but not a crime, as some voters may think Clinton's claim implied.

According to the most recent figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were a total of 33,636 firearm deaths in 2013. That's 92 per day for the year. Sixty-three percent of them, or 21,175, were suicides. Homicides totaled 11,208, and the rest were unintentional discharges (505), legal intervention/war (467) and undetermined (281).

So, like her political rival Obama, she too twists the facts, or at least isn't completely forthcoming about the facts, leaving less informed voters to likely draw false conclusions. I also find it interesting that they leave out the deaths from tobacco use, car crashes, drowning, falls, and other accidents, all of which, individually, exceed the gun deaths by a huge factor.

I'll continue to say it. Their gun control is not, and never will be, about saving lives. They could make smoking illegal today and start saving hundreds of thousands of lives every year, but they know the financial impact on millions that make their living in the tobacco industry, and that give millions to their campaigns, is more important than those lives they claim to be so concerned about.

Anyway, back to the race itself. I will simply say that any of these folks, including Biden, have shown themselves clearly for what they are, gun grabbers. If any of them get into office, they will come after our guns - period. This isn't 2008 with Obama saying that he supports gun rights only to turn around and do exactly what we expected. Their tune has changed, largely, I believe, because they are seeing wins in places like Oregon. They are energized. They no longer fear putting their controlling agenda on the table for everyone to see. I hope it backfires big time. 100,000,000 gun owners need to step up, regardless of party affiliation, and keep these people out of office, otherwise you can kiss even more of your rights goodbye.

As for my question for them: "I'm curious, knowing that the CDC states over 400,000 Americans die every year as a direct result of smoking, why you don't care about those lives enough to do something to end the tobacco industry's hold on legislators in congress and to put an end to this American tragedy that is big tobacco?"

I was struck by how much respect they give the NRA. They view the NRA as an almost invincible foe who can buy votes willy nilly. Then I read comments on here about how the NRA is kind of do-nothing and passive. Weird.

I was struck by how much respect they give the NRA. They view the NRA as an almost invincible foe who can buy votes willy nilly. Then I read comments on here about how the NRA is kind of do-nothing and passive. Weird.

The funny thing too is that the NRA only has about 5,000,000 members. Contrast that with 100,000,000 gun owners in America. Every time they point their finger at the NRA, they are ignoring the other 95,000,000 gun owners that have an opinion on the matter too. And then they wonder why there is such a strong push back against anti-gun legislation. Could it be that, aside from the NRA, 100,000,000 gun owners don't want their rights taken away?

todays nra is not so much an association as it has become more a corporation, but ....Im glad they still fear them!

Apparently the 300 or so trained seals in the audience do :rolleyes:.

And, not only was she positioned in the middle, but given the last word in closing statements. Anyone who doesn't think this is simply the Clinton Foundation strong-arming the networks, on how this apparent faux coronation is going to go down, needs to get out of the house for fresh air. That, with all the baggage she has hanging around her neck, she is even standing up there as a POTUS candidate is a damning statement about our country's mental health.
No worries, rumor has it she's very ill. I know it's a tabloid rag but the Enquirer is the most accurate of the bunch and has broken many stories before the MSM has picked upon them.
Who she picks as her V.P. will be VERY IMPORTANT if this story is true.
upload_2015-10-14_11-28-3.png

Ratings numbers are out. This is the highest rated Democratic debate on cable television, ever.

But...the ratings for BOTH Republican debates were both higher.

They're saying Hillary won this one hands down, and now, at least, MSN is saying that her performance last night would likely ruin any chances Joe Biden has of running.

Really? I remember in 2008 when Hillary was a 'lock' for the nomination, right up until some little upstart Senator from Illinois stepped in and booted her butt to the curb.

It's still WAY too early to call the real contenders on either side. Things will be very different 3 months from now when the caucuses and primaries begin in February. Iowa and New Hampshire should be very telling as to who will still be in the race. Polls are often very misleading and can be a poor indicator of what people really think, or want.

My prediction at this point is that Biden is a more likely candidate than Hillary. And either one will likely lose to the Republican contender, as long as it's not Trump. Or Bush #3. Or that sniveling weasel from NJ.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top