JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This isn't completely accurate, as there weren't 'zero' school shootings a generation ago, still, I think it makes a point worth pondering.

View attachment 431975

Well...that's not completely true. There have always been school shootings to some level. Maybe just not schools that mattered. Yes like LA, Compton, Chicago type schools. Also, todays political standards don't equal yesterdays reality standards of school shootings. I believe the current number used is 18 this year. Really? If that is the case about 15 schools didn't rate news coverage. More likely some event occurred within a school zone (several blocks in any direction surrounding a school) and children may or may not have been present.

Well...that's not completely true. There have always been school shootings to some level. Maybe just not schools that mattered. Yes like LA, Compton, Chicago type schools. Also, todays political standards don't equal yesterdays reality standards of school shootings. I believe the current number used is 18 this year. Really? If that is the case about 15 schools didn't rate news coverage. More likely some event occurred within a school zone (several blocks in any direction surrounding a school) and children may or may not have been present.
No, There Haven't Been 18 School Shootings This Year

And you can use the Internet so see for yourself that in many cases are not true shootings by a student either.

There have already been 18 gun-related incidents at American schools in 2018

Anthony Borges, hero.

bAbnmNcPWOo4JsMzqb9ynAylmU5E9YOazd7_ZlvVgSA.jpg
Sheriff Israel was honored to visit Anthony Borges, 15, in the hospital today. His family shared that Anthony was shot five times in Wednesday's school attack. Fortunately, he is recovering -- but has a long road ahead with more surgeries needed. Please join us in praying for the swift recovery of Anthony and all the other victims of this horrific criminal act.

Student used his body as human shield to protect classmates

A soccer player at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, 15-year-old Anthony placed his body between alleged mass killer Nikolas Cruz and fellow students, Carlos Rodriguez, who said he survived because of Anthony's heroism, told ABC News.
"None of us knew what to do. So, he took the initiative to just save his other classmates," Carlos, Anthony's best friend, told ABC'

Anthony was the last of 20 students who fled into a room and was trying to lock the door when he was shot, Carlos said. He held his ground in the doorway, putting his body between the bullets and his classmates, who all survived uninjured, Carlos said.

Anthony was shot four times, taking bullets to the back and both legs, but survived, his father said.

Click here to support Help the family of Anthony Borges organized by Sara Caputo

My wife informed me last night that a good friend of ours as well as my own mother posted some anti-gun, Bloombergesque talking points on Facebook. I hate Facebook. I only have an account to communicate with a few select individuals, most of whom are outside the US. I don't get political on Facebook - though I get VERY political on Twitter - and I've told my family not to follow me there if they don't want to see what I have to say.

But the FB thing bugged me. One of these people is not an anti, but bought in to the damn talking points. My mother, who is not an outspoken anti, but really doesn't care for guns, usually stays away from posting on stuff like that because she doesn't like to upset people. Well, this time, they both struck a nerve and I broke my rule of no politics on FB as a result - which in and of itself pisses me off. Anyway, I countered their arguments in typical etrain style - with long posts filled with actual facts as well as proposed solutions that don't involve taking rights away from American citizens.

I have yet to see a response yet from the friend or my mother, but have received several likes on the posts from their friends. I expect some of their more actively anti buddies will pile on me today, and I don't care - I just couldn't let such blatant misinformation stand when it's put out by people I know so well.

Add to that - I don't think my mother was aware that I own and AR - she does now. Gonna have to come to terms that her little baby boy isn't a murderous thug just because he owns an evil black rifle ;)

Facebook is a platform to share pics with family and to pose shallow, emotional commentary for those who cannot think beyond their feelings.

Any hope of making a difference there is a fruitless venture.

Try posting a video of a meaningful topic. If it had a length greater than 30-seconds the chance of anyone actually watching goes to about zero.

At least athat has always been my experience.

Well, gosh... by this definition, 40 years ago in my high school, there was a school shooting 4 nights a week... the 5th night the rifle team competed at Ft. Lewis.

How did I ever survive?!

So, the school shootings have dropped dramatically then in the last 40 years.... Ok libs, count that as a win and move onto the narcotics and cars that are REALLY killing our kids :mad:

Last Edited:
Just a question that came to my mind this morning and answer it to yourself so this doesn't turn all political. " Do you think those 17 American kids would be dead if all the politicians cared as much for them as they do the DACA illegals?":eek:

Those 17 Americans were dreamers too, full of love and hope for a future. Too bad nobody cared for them like they do the DACA kids. Lots of money there that could have been used to protect American kids.o_O

My dad, who was in the military and hunted as a teen, tells me assault rifles should be banned.

I say they are and only a select few in certain states can own them and it's very expensive.

He says, well AR-15's are everywhere and doesn't AR stand for Assualt Rifle?

I say, no it stands for Armalight...

He changes the subjecto_O

My dad, who was in the military and hunted as a teen, tells me assault rifles should be banned.

I say they are and only a select few in certain states can own them and it's very expensive.

The Libtards wants "AR" to stand for "Assault Rifle" even though at AR-15 lacks a full auto mode which would then make it an assault rifle. Some libtards know that as well but that does not fit in their plans to due away with the 2nd amendment.

If you feel like it ask your dad if he worries as much about the 50,000 that will die this year over opiods addiction that the politicians won't do a thing to stop? Then asked him how many were murdered in chicago last year, a gun free city. Nah no sense fighting emotions with facts.:(

If you feel like it ask your dad if he worries as much about the 50,000 that will die this year over opiods addiction that the politicians won't do a thing to stop? Then asked him how many were murdered in chicago last year, a gun free city. Nah no sense fighting emotions with facts.:(

I've given up on that battle - he is more stubborn as he gets older and he was a mule to begin with...

Brilliant and intelligent but very little common sense.

I've given up on that battle - he is more stubborn as he gets older and he was a mule to begin with...

Brilliant and intelligent but very little common sense.

They say god gives you friends to make up for the family he gave you.:D ya got to love family and some of the old folks get real firm in opinions. My FIL was one of the greatest men I ever met, a hero in WWII yet when he saw protest he said the government should shoot them all down with machine guns. Don't have an answer for why but I see it a lot as folks get old.o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top