JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tru
And Obama snorting coke off Larry Sinclair's johnson was the height of morality. Clinton...moral. Let's bomb Iraq because Arabs crashed planes Bush...Daddy Bush new world order....fact is morality is not on the radar when it comes to any of our leaders.
Trump is the president now. Not Obama not the Bushes and most certainly not the Clintons. Please stay relevant.

Tru

Trump is the president now. Not Obama not the Bushes and most certainly not the Clintons. Please stay relevant.
Why do people like you always use that tactic? Its a bit lame. Please try to recognize you obvious blind spot...it is present in most every one of your posts.

Again.... ( see post #370 )
Can we please stay on topic...
This is a thread about the school shootings in Parkland Florida...

Not a political commentary on:
The various politicians , parties and their morality , fitness for office , actions or any other subject.

Please remain on topic ...the tragic school shooting in Parkland.
Thank you,
Andy

Thank you ...
Your help and respect in this matter is appreciated...:)
Just to be clear...there is no need to leave the discussion of the OP's thread ...just keep it on topic...
Andy
Maybe he's stepping away because all he can talk about is the politics leading to this event?
And on topic... it is indeed tragic. There is a list somewhere of school killings/shootings that went as far back as the 1800s I believe, possibly earlier... the most deadly mass murders were done by 3 methods, arson, poisoning or explosives. Seems there have always been people whose desire for mass carnage and deaths cannot be "fixed".
I do believe politics and media both have made it so much more difficult to reduce the number of mass murders, as they get sensationalized and politicized very easily. This is primarily why I no longer watch news or any tv really . Yes its sometimes nice to keep up with some events, but too much focus on tragedies and politics certainly is not good.

Even outright confiscation and bans of whole classes of guns will not reduce number of mass murders, it will just go a different way (bombs, arson or poisoning) :confused::(

The FBI admitted to dropping the ball, the family members and other people also dropped the ball, and recently a grandmother turned in her grandson who had detailed plot to execute a mass murder with both explosives and guns to the FBI and police who acted on probable cause warrants

Maybe he's stepping away because all he can talk about is the politics leading to this event?
And on topic... it is indeed tragic. There is a list somewhere of school killings/shootings that went as far back as the 1800s I believe, possibly earlier... the most deadly mass murders were done by 3 methods, arson, poisoning or explosives. Seems there have always been people whose desire for mass carnage and deaths cannot be "fixed".
I do believe politics and media both have made it so much more difficult to reduce the number of mass murders, as they get sensationalized and politicized very easily. This is primarily why I no longer watch news or any tv really . Yes its sometimes nice to keep up with some events, but too much focus on tragedies and politics certainly is not good.

Even outright confiscation and bans of whole classes of guns will not reduce number of mass murders, it will just go a different way (bombs, arson or poisoning) :confused::(

The FBI admitted to dropping the ball, the family members and other people also dropped the ball, and recently a grandmother turned in her grandson who had detailed plot to execute a mass murder with both explosives and guns to the FBI and police who acted on probable cause warrants
I guarantee that I am not out of material but due respect for this board and Andy's request I am stepping away as stated.

To all here...
Lets all remember rule number 1 "Be excellent to each other"....

This can be done in any thread or discussion of any topic if...One is thoughtful of ones post and how it might sound or read , to others...

I am not saying to use PC speech or "dumbdown" your post...Just be respectful of others on our forum and their views...
By doing so , you will remain "the good guy" in the conversation...And not cause a divide or ill feelings.
Thank you,
Andy

Banning guns makes about as much sense as this...

Amish.jpg

This isn't completely accurate, as there weren't 'zero' school shootings a generation ago, still, I think it makes a point worth pondering.

Gun.jpg

Isn't the actual number of people killed in "school shootings" like 200 all told? I don't know. Were that true, or even close to that number, all this drama is pretty lame given that the number of teens dying from other causes is far, far higher. Better to educate against texting while driving, drug abuse prevention, etc. etc.
Leave my rights alone.

Isn't the actual number of people killed in "school shootings" like 200 all told? I don't know. Were that true, or even close to that number, all this drama is pretty lame given that the number of teens dying from other causes is far, far higher. Better to educate against texting while driving, drug abuse prevention, etc. etc.
Leave my rights alone.

I wrote a somewhat lengthy post in another thread where I looked up some of the numbers.

As for the total number of people killed in school shootings - since 1982, it's 147. Actual mass school shootings since 1982 is 14 - that's an average of one mass school shooting every 2 1/2 years. Considering that 37,000 people will die this year alone in car accidents, it's a relatively small number (though I wouldn't dream of diminishing the value of those 147 lives lost). Which does bring up the question of how serious a problem this really is.

Note, there are plenty of reports out there that we're having dozens of 'school shootings' every year. The problem is that many sources of those reports are being very loose with the definition of school shooting. Say a person shoots another person, in an incident unrelated to the school itself, but is within site of the school, they are counting events like that as "school shootings". Really disingenuous and intentionally misleading.

The numbers I got above are from the Mother Jones website - certainly no friend to gun owners. But the spreadsheet they have there makes it pretty easy to sort out the numbers. I linked the site in my other post, but I'll link it again here in case anyone wants to check my numbers: US mass shootings, 1982-2018: Data from Mother Jones' investigation

School shootings have become the emotional tool that drives the political aim of the left to disarm America. When this dies down nothing will be done at the schools and the next kid is getting poisoned with the psych drugs to be turned into killers. They are murdering kids for political gain in my opinion, hopefully folks will see and understand this before too many more die for the cause. By any means necessary they will get what they want.o_O

Emotional for sure.

There appears to be no emotional response for the daily mass deaths related to Hospital Acquired Infections...200+ per day according to CDC. Nobody cares about that family member who went in for a minor procedure and was pronounced dead shortly thereafter due to something unrelated to the original visit.

Not as sexy as an AR15 wielding psycho...

Emotional for sure.

There appears to be no emotional response for the daily mass deaths related to Hospital Acquired Infections...200+ per day according to CDC. Nobody cares about that family member who went in for a minor procedure and was pronounced dead shortly thereafter due to something unrelated to the original visit.

Not as sexy as an AR15 wielding psycho...
According to John Hopkins medicine; www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/study_suggests_medical_errors_now_third_leading_cause_of_death_in_the_us
250,000 people die from "medical errors".
Alcoholism is responsible for 88,000 American deaths per year, and automobiles for 38,000 per year...

I am sure knowing that thousands and thousands of other people dying of other causes does not diminish the feeling of loss when a family loses a loved one in a shooting. :(

I am sure knowing that thousands and thousands of other people dying of other causes does not diminish the feeling of loss when a family loses a loved one in a shooting. :(

That's not fair and you know it. Nobody is trivializing their loss. The point being made, is the left is using it as a springboard to get their way and implement their policies, when if they really cared about saving lives, there are lots of ways to do so without restricting gun ownership for the peaceful law abiding. Even in these cases. But their lapdog media does it's masters bidding, and sensationalizes these events, trying to over inflate people's fears.

Why can't we figure why the existing system can't be used more effectively to get the people obviously sick, adjudicated mentally ill? Nope, it's guns. It's my fault along with the murderous NRA, and if I don't agree, I "love my guns more than my kids". BS

Had to chuckle about another Hollywood star demanding gun controls over the school shooting. These Hollywood stars have armed guards most of the time but won't give them up for the kids. Might look like they are real when they tell their security to go guard kids.:eek:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top