JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This year the Lone Oak Rifle and Pistol club in Longview, WA has 3 John C. Garand matches scheduled. If you are looking to get your certification for CMP purchases this is the match you want to shoot in. All levels of expertise are encouraged to come shoot.

The dates are:

June 12th: Garand Match (Moved from June 11th)
August 27th: Garand Match
November 13th: Garand Match

For more information go to this website for contact information.
(listed under rifle activity)

<broken link removed>

What type of competition is this, I am very new to competitive type shooting, but I do have a, O3-A3. I am intersted in finding out weather this is a long range shoot are scopes accepted, Iron sights ????

It is at 200 yards using SR targets. There are three heats, all timed. Slow fire prone, rapid fire standing to prone and final stage is standing. Rifles must be in "as-issued" military configuration. Sorry, no scopes or bedded stocks.

I used to have a very nice fully rebuilt WW2 Springfield Garand with a new barrel but had to sell it for vet bills.. I don't have anything on that list at this time but I still have several cases of black tip on clips so eventually I'll get another Garand

Thanks for the quick response, unfortunatley im out as my 03-a3 has been sportsterized, Shortend stock and barrell, no scope though. well good luck mayby ill swing by and watch as i only live 20 min or so from there.

There is another Garand match this Saturday (8/27)
Give them a call if you want to pre-register.

the contact number is listed under rifle events.

<broken link removed>

I just saw this discussion and thought I'd invite you to compete. LORPC has M1 Garands for competitior use. The fee to compete is $20. For that sum they provide you with ammunition, and one of their club rifles (if you don't bring your own). I really enjoy going there as it's rather low key although they do insist everyone follow the rules and course of fire. And as an added bonus, there is no gun to clean when your through. Rather we all head down to one of the local watering holes afterwards to regale one another with tall tales of our shooting skills over a burger and beer. $20 - what a deal. Tim R.

I just saw this discussion and thought I'd invite you to compete. LORPC has M1 Garands for competitior use. The fee to compete is $20. For that sum they provide you with ammunition, and one of their club rifles (if you don't bring your own). I really enjoy going there as it's rather low key although they do insist everyone follow the rules and course of fire. And as an added bonus, there is no gun to clean when your through. Rather we all head down to one of the local watering holes afterwards to regale one another with tall tales of our shooting skills over a burger and beer. $20 - what a deal. Tim R.

That sounds like a great time all around. I'll have to do that sometime.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top