JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So we are getting everyone in the extended family ready to go to an Appleseed in the near future and as a fairly low income portion of the family I got to wondering if a CMMG 22lr drop in conversion kit would be accurate enough to take to learn some basic rifleman's skills. I had one for my last AR that was great and even with 22lr being less common than it once was I was wondering if it might be a viable option. I will eventually buy at least one of the drop in conversion at some point but we want to get to an Appleseed sooner rather than later.

I know that the conversion's for my partner and I would probably run as much as 2000 rounds of Wolf so I was wondering what you all think.

Last Edited:
Go for it. Talk to the organizer too sometimes they can arrange for someone to bring an extra rifle. Other option is to get a 10/22 at bimart where they're often 189$. Or get the conversion.

Third option is simply shoot 223. It would cost you about $200 too. Ive done that twice

Talk to KimberCustom the organizer. He knows everything

More important is the sling. Get a usgi sling. Nothing fancy unless you want a 1907.

Fwiw AR full length magazines make traditional shooting hard because they interfere with proper arm placement. Unless you have 10 round mags (I bought them specifically far appleseed) you are way better off with a 10/22 than any other rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top