Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Clubs/ranges offering gun storage?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 9mmguy, Mar 11, 2012.

1. 9mmguy

9mmguy Portland, OR Member

Hi y'all,

I apologize if this questions has come up a million times, but I am looking for a secure method of storing a handgun away from home and car. I'm in the Portland area. 24/7 access isn't important, but it must be legal and not totally inconvenient since the gun will occasionally be used for target shooting. Are there maybe clubs or ranges offering gun storage? If not, what alternative storage methods come to mind? Thanks for your advice! :thumbup:

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Pawn shop. Pawn the gun for a couple bucks and just make the interest payments on the loan every 60 days. I know of at least two sizable collections that are kept that way at a Pawnshop in Salem.

3. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Too bad you not closer. I'd be more than happy to store them for you.
    Costco had a Gunvault Safe for $100 on sale awhile back. Small enough to bolt inside a closet and big enough for at least 4 handguns.
    Mike

4. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I don't know how much it cost monthly, but rent storage unit? You can store other things other than firearms.

5. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I keep a few in my safe deposit box at the bank. They have huge boxes available too for under $100 a year.