JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You might want to look up the word hypocrisy before you keep going down this line. You see that little smiley face after my words. That is called an emoticon which denotes I am saying something in a playful manner. It is called context. I know it is subtle but you should be able to understand it if you try. I also do not care if someone questions me on something I say. I also do not mind when someone questions someone else based on something they say. that is not hypocrisy. had I said the guy should never refer to his gun as "his baby" amongst friends or ever...that would be hypocrisy. I simply said Biden was within his rights to question the guys behavior in a pubic forum. I would have accepted the same judgement if I had done the same thing. understand the difference?

More hypocrisy, back peddling, and revisionist history!

More hypocrisy!
Nope, I guess you do not understand.

I know you said before that you will not read anything that someone does not spoon feed you so here is the definition of hypocrisy. now try to apply that definition to the situation. I will help you if needed.

Main Entry:
hy·poc·ri·sy
Pronunciation:
\hi-ˈpä-krə-sē also hī-\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural hy·poc·ri·sies
Etymology:
Middle English ypocrisie, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrisis, from Greek hypokrisis act of playing a part on the stage, hypocrisy, from hypokrinesthai to answer, act on the stage, from hypo- + krinein to decide — more at certain
Date:
13th century
1: a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not ; especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion
2: an act or instance of hypocrisy

Date: 13th century
1: a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not ; especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue

I see you have finally come around to seeing yourself as the rest of us do!
Congrats playboy, you learned to look stuff up!

I see you have finally come around to seeing yourself as the rest of us do!
Congrats playboy, you learned to look stuff up!

He's bent on deflecting and not owning his proven hypocrisy.

Post 109, I think he's trying to bury it! Here I will repost it!

Yeah, and what he said was anyone that cannot distinguish between a gun being their "baby" and being a tool might not be mentally capable of owning an "assault" rifle. Then spoke how the mentally unstable, who cannot comprehend the severity of using a firearm on another person, need to be prevented from owning firearms. I agree with that completely.

My own professional opinion of the person showing his firearm would be one of questioning his competence too based on his words and actions. He was a little too anxious to brandish his tricked out semi-automatic rifle and a little too emotionally "involved" with his tool.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40521&postcount=1

Hypocrisy:

What say you Playboypenguin. :p

Now if I just had the cash to pick it up. I am afraid it is going to be in lock down for a few weeks while I pay off the S&W 686 SSR I put on lay-a-way. :(

This thing is even more beautiful in person. I love the lack of cluttered looking graphics on the slide. The only issue I have with it is that it came with those extended bottom combat style mags. I hate those. I prefer flush fitting ones. Luckily I think the ones from my CBOB will fit it.

A couple cell phone pics of my new baby. :)

RZ-10.jpg

He's bent on deflecting and not owning his proven hypocrisy.
Okay, I will give you a chance to explain your point. How is saying I agree that Biden has the right to question his behavior in a national forum. I have never pretended to not think other people judge me by the tongue-in-cheek statements I have made. As long as they are able to understand when I explain to them I was kidding and that is why I added the :) or the ;) or the :D. So I am holding him to the same scrutiny that I would not mind facing myself. Granted I would never hold up an "assualt rifle" on national television and refer to it as my baby. I have a bit more sense than that...but if I did do it I would understand people questioning my judgement.

You might want to look up the word hypocrisy before you keep going down this line. You see that little smiley face after my words. That is called an emoticon which denotes I am saying something in a playful manner. It is called context. I know it is subtle but you should be able to understand it if you try. I also do not care if someone questions me on something I say. I also do not mind when someone questions someone else based on something they say. that is not hypocrisy. had I said the guy should never refer to his gun as "his baby" amongst friends or ever...that would be hypocrisy. I simply said Biden was within his rights to question the guys behavior in a pubic forum. I would have accepted the same judgement if I had done the same thing. understand the difference?

Wow "why so serious" and personal? I too put an "emoticon which denotes I am saying something in a playful manner." Just look at post 109 for the :p

Or could it be that you have "emotion" hypocrisy also? :p

Wow "why so serious" and personal? I put an "emoticon which denotes I am saying something in a playful manner." Just look at post 109 for the

Or could it be that you have "emotion" hypocrisy also?
If you want to put a :p after it you can call me anything you like. Except for Susan...I really do not like that name. :)

I will have to revisit this later since I have to go to the dump now. I said "go to" so that is not crude. My employees are getting really upset while waiting for me to get off the laptop. I will return later.

Okay, I will give you a chance to explain your point. How is saying I agree that Biden has the right to question his behavior in a national forum. I have never pretended to not think other people judge me by the tongue-in-cheek statements I have made. As long as they are able to understand when I explain to them I was kidding and that is why I added the :) or the ;) or the :D. So I am holding him to the same scrutiny that I would not mind facing myself. Granted I would never hold up an "assualt rifle" on national television and refer to it as my baby. I have a bit more sense than that...but if I did do it I would understand people questioning my judgement.

your floundering

It's okay for Mr. Penguin to refer to guns as "his baby", but not other people.

A few posts back, Penguin said that he was speaking a little "tongue in cheek" while using the baby comment. I think that guy with the evil black rifle was too, and it was taken out of context. And because ONE person took it out of context, the masses followed him. One individual in those masses, I believe, is Penguin. Had that politician NOT acted like that, would this argument be different? Would the topic even have come up? Nope. :)
So as far as Trismn being a right-wing lapdog who swallows what he's fed, maybe you should look inward.

I would be willing to bet that politician has a fancy car that he's called "His baby", or a nice TV, or whatever. It was nothing short of retarded the way he handled that video question.

Ok, so what's this thread about again?

Enough bantering back and forth gentlemen..lets get back on track, or the admin will be forced to close this thread.

A few posts back, Penguin said that he was speaking a little "tongue in cheek" while using the baby comment. I think that guy with the evil black rifle was too, and it was taken out of context.
And that may be true. It sure did not appear that way to me, but it could be true. The guy looked a bit unbalanced to me...and it appeared the crowd agreed judging from their reaction to Biden's comments. You hearing what he said and deciding he did not mean anything bad and was not being over the top is no different than what Biden did. You just came to different conclusions. He does not have to make the right judgement call, but he still has the right to make it.

And that may be true. It sure did not appear that way to me, but it could be true. The guy looked a bit unbalanced to me...and it appeared the crowd agreed judging from their reaction to Biden's comments. You hearing what he said and deciding he did not mean anything bad and was not being over the top is no different than what Biden did. You just came to different conclusions. He does not have to make the right judgement call, but he still has the right to make it.

I wouldent call the crowd there the most gun friendly one thats for sure. I bet they would have cheered if he said he wanted to ban squirt guns.

I wouldent call the crowd there the most gun friendly one thats for sure. I bet they would have cheered if he said he wanted to ban squirt guns.

I have to agree with this statement. This was a dem primary and I don't believe there are too many repubs hanging out there. Same would be true if it was a republican primary. Did you register your squirt gun?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top