JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unless you are doing any of that and then trafficking the guns interstate you have no problems. You cannot do that now either.

There are already laws that prohibit shipping firearms across boarders .
even you noted that .

Then why the new laws ?

Why not just enforce the laws already in place?

PP, the definitions state specifically that assembling a firearm with out a license makes said firearm illicit.
It states the same for ammunition.

Once the item(s) are classified as illicit, you don't want to get caught with it. The sellers that sold you the components will be held responsible as well, given our litigous society.
Of course I seriously doubt you will be able to buy the components anyway, as sellers of those components will require your license before they'll sell to you.

And as far as Senate ratification goes CEF, your original question was: "How is Obama trying to curtail your gun rights?"

Now you are relying on the Senatorial democrat supermajority to prevent his attempt,...
What's up with that? He's tried, we'll see if he succeeds. If he doesn't someone else gets the credit. He (and Hillary) still get the blame for trying,... This underhanded backdoor tactic!

even you noted that .
Then why the new laws ?

Excellent question. One that's been asked thousands of times during the gun control debate.
The liberal/progressives never have answered it. They are too interested in returning repeat offenders to the streets. After all, they had a rough childhood. It's not their fault!

PP, the definitions state specifically that assembling a firearm with out a license makes said firearm illicit.
It states the same for ammunition.
I will say this one more time...please try to keep up. Those are simply the definitions. They are not the law. The law deals only with "manufacture AND trafficking". It in no way effects such activities for personal use. You cannot make and sell ammunition across state lines without a license now. That does not change.

It is illegal to make orange juice and sell it across state lines without a license. That does not make it illegal to make orange juice in your own home for your own consumption.

even you noted that .
Then why the new laws ?
Because occasionally politicians like to appear they are doing something when they really are not. They get to take credit from supporters but have no fear of real political retribution because they did not really change anything.

Apples to oranges. The 2A is written in a very odd way and open to interpretation. This is not. It is very clearly written.

How so

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Because occasionally politicians like to appear they are doing something when they really are not. They get to take credit from supporters but have no fear of real political retribution because they did not really change anything.

Well you got that right.

However
are you saying as in previous post that should not worry and we just kick back and let it happen ?

Apples to oranges. The 2A is written in a very odd way and open to interpretation. This is not. It is very clearly written.

It obviously is not very clearly written or you and I would not have different interpretations of its meaning.

If I said you were not allowed to hunt and gather on my property would it be OK for you to hunt as long as you did not gather?

How so

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

See all those comas and qualifying sentence fragments. That leaves room for interpretation. If it had just said "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" that would be a different story.

It obviously is not very clearly written or you and I would not have different interpretations of its meaning.

If I said you were not allowed to hunt and gather on my property would it be OK for you to hunt as long as you did not gather?
If the only law pertaining to the subject stated it was only illegal to "hunt AND gather" then it would be legal to hunt if you did not gather. That is called a loophole. The law would not be written that way if it was intended to stop hunting alone.

I guess you don't understand the definition of illicit.
I do...but you don't understand the definition of context. That is pretty clear.

Here is a way to test you understanding. Point out the text of the law, outside of the definitions, that states what cannot be done with said materials.

il·lic·it (-lst)
adj.
1. Not sanctioned by custom or law; unlawful.

Again, the NRA agrees with me.
Let's hope the Senate has the backbone to throw out this trash.

If the only law pertaining to the subject stated it was only illegal to "hunt AND gather" then it would be legal to hunt if you did not gather. That is called a loophole. The law would not be written that way if it was intended to stop hunting alone.

All I can say is I hope you are correct and I hope it never becomes an issue.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top